HTC EVO 4G LTE Camera Shots: Lets see them here!

anon803492

May 29, 2012
Visit site
Now considering waiting till SG3. I went to Best Buy yesterday too to order the phone. Rats :-\ If I knew it was a software fix, I'd pick it up this Friday, but kinda scared now that it's the camera itself.

k000

May 12, 2012
Visit site
Now considering waiting till SG3. I went to Best Buy yesterday too to order the phone. Rats :-\ If I knew it was a software fix, I'd pick it up this Friday, but kinda scared now that it's the camera itself.

I have no doubtit's camera itself.. quality looks kinda 2 MP/3MP point and shoots we used to have 4-5 years ago

anon803492

May 29, 2012
Visit site
I have no doubtit's camera itself.. quality looks kinda 2 MP/3MP point and shoots we used to have 4-5 years ago

Yeah, very disappointing. The graininess reminded me of my old Moto Droid. Not quite as bad as that, but reminiscent. Guess I'll hang out a bit longer with my beat up ol' Optimus until something better comes along.

Cubfan

Jun 19, 2010
Visit site
These sample shots are much better, so there may be some hope for the camera. Apparently, this photographer knows how to handle a camera and compose to really give an idea how it performs. There are low-light shots, bright sunlit, and cloudy shots.

What I see is that the default saturation is quite high. Like many Sony cameras, reds, pinks and purples are blown-out (notice the pink or red flower to see an extreme example), but turning down saturation a notch or two might help. There is some pretty high chromatic aberration (purple highlights around bright/dark borders) that you would expect from a consumer grade fast f2.0 optics. Sharpness looks decent, but you will sacrifice some sharpness for faster optics.

Here's the link of the much better samples: First sample shots with HTC's EVO 4G LTE for Sprint -- Engadget

sandman132

May 28, 2012
Visit site
This forum really got me looking into my camera closer then ever :) So I went out back and took some photos to see how the results really looked. Here is what I got, what do you think?

jeffreytz

Mayor of Awesometown
Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Shots from Wrigley Field

Here are some shots from the Padres v. Cubs game at Wrigley Field on Memorial Day. The first panorama was taken with the 4:3 resolution, the second panorama taken with widescreen turned on; I wanted to see if it made a difference when it came to the pano shots and the field of view seems about the same, but the widescreen one crops the top/bottom (more more reason to shoot photos in 4:3 standard mode).

I've been finding the panorama mode on the EVO to be tricky compared to using the Galaxy Nexus. On the GN you just hit the shutter, pan as much as you'd like, hit the shutter again and there's your shot. The EVO seems to insist that you move a specific amount of distance, like it needs to shoot a full "frame" for each segment and if you don't move far enough you can end up with just a single shot. I need to read up on this feature and play around a bit more with it.

The other two shots are nearly the same - the first is notable as you can actually see the ball in flight, a good example of how fast the shutter is on the EVO. The second is similar, just composed better :)

No touch-ups on any of these other than re-sizing them to 800 max so they would upload. (Note: be sure to click the image that initially pops up as the shadowbox does not display the full size image).

Last edited:

ericj12

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site
People are sharing the results they are getting. can you please post a good one you got ? I am wondering maybe there is a difference in some lots that went out ? Mine are definitely blurry no matter what I do.

maybe try hitting the shutter button on the screen to take a pic. i sometimes find that i will inadvertently move the camera creating a blurry shot when i hit the dedicated camera shutter button.

sandman132

May 28, 2012
Visit site
Lowered my saturation like suggested and I'm liking looks of my pictures much better. Speed is amazing! I capture pictures never before was possible. :thumbup:

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

LegacyEvoAce

May 29, 2012
Visit site
Every comparison ive seen of the GS3 vs HTC one X or Evo = Win for HTC so not sure where the crying about GS3 quality is coming from? If you want inferior quality you don't need to buy a GS3 plenty of cheaper lower quality ones out there?

Oh and the phone that does take better pictures(lacks alot of options) is the NoTe which sadly gets smoked in every other department.

Oh and the Note tends to compress images less alot less could be why HTC is a bit off as well?

Last edited:

grandebob

Sep 9, 2009
Visit site
I agree the colors are over saturated, but can't find the camera setting to turn it down. Any one point me in the right direction?

jdizzle316

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
All of my pictures are turning out very fuzzy, and that's when I manage to snap a picture in the half a second the image stays in focus.

It takes pictures very quickly, but it needs to with how many bad pictures I get. So far the camera on my Nexus One is far superior.

After further use with my EVO LTE I feel exactly the same way as you. My Nexus S shot better pictures than my EVO LTE does.

Can someone point me in the right direction for the settings on how to get better pics...all mine are blurry and/or have a red hue to them.

Thanks in advance guys!

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance