540569_10150850767642568_545639832_n.jpg

Video tutorial for Windows:
[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=38UOPSoJOPs[/YT]

Video tutorial for Linux/Ubuntu:
[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_yCGVvZlps[/YT]

Video tutorial for Mac OSX:
[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4f4A64sXyF8[/YT]

Here's how to root HTC Evo 4G LTE:

This will give you full root with SuperSU app and busybox.

Completely safe to do, it can't brick your phone in any way but your dog or cat might BURN UP!

For Windows, update drivers using driver files below then double-click on runme.bat.

For Linux, no drivers needed, unzip Evo4GLTERoot.zip to your Downloads directory then open up a terminal and do:

Code:
cd Downloads/Evo4GLTERoot
chmod 755 *
sudo ./adb-linux devices

Then do:

Code:
sh runmelinux.sh

For Mac, no drivers needed, unzip Evo4GLTERoot.zip to your Downloads directory then open up a terminal and do:

Code:
cd Downloads/Evo4GLTERoot
chmod 755 *
sh runmemac.sh

Drivers for 32-bit Windows:
Download HTCEvo4GLTE/drivers/HTC_Driver_32.zip at DownloadAndroidROM.com

Drivers for 64-bit Windows:
Download HTCEvo4GLTE/drivers/HTC_Driver_64.zip at DownloadAndroidROM.com

Download Rooting Files:
Download HTCEvo4GLTE/Evo4GLTERoot.zip at DownloadAndroidROM.com

Mirror: Download HTCEvo4GLTE/Evo4GLTERoot.zip at StockROMs.net

This is the EXACT SAME method used for Transformer Prime ICS root.

If you need to unroot, here's RUU: (use the version that's same as your software version)
Download HTCEvo4GLTE/RUU at StockROMs.net

How to Unroot Evo 4G LTE completely back to stock video tutorial:
[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zC-3XsAoL_U[/YT]

Credits for RUU:
[RUU] Android 4.0.3 - Build 1.12.651.2 - xda-developers

FAQ:
Q: Does this give bootloader TAMPERED?
A: Yes but you can install RUU and will be gone.

"Stay High On Android Folks!"

"Good artists copy, great artists steal." - Picaso/Jobs.

All credits go to XDA users sparkym3 and Dan Rosenburg for exploit, please donate to them not me!

But if you want, you can subscribe to my youtube channels: highonandroid

Last edited:

samboy

May 18, 2011
Visit site
hmm....doesn't seem to like my adb daemon (thinks it is 'old') and keeps killing it and restarting.

Any ideas?

I had a similar problem and realized that I needed to hit ok in the device dialog box after updating the driver. If that was your problem though, you might have figured it out by now.

On a different note, I keep getting an error when trying to send texts. I think it's an airrave issue but I thought I would throw it out here just in case. I also get voice connectivity failed in the sprint zone test however I am able to make calls without issue. Any ideas, or do I need to sit on the phone with sprint while they work through figuring out that my problem needs to be routed to smart people?

wyrdangel

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
I will feel like a complete dope if that turns out to be my issue :) I *think* it isn't the case but you can bet that I'll be trying it again as soon as I get home tonight...

Paladin

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
TB works fine. My Backup and all other root apps seem fine except I am having a problem getting wireless tether working. It runs but I am having problems attaching to it from a laptop or iPad.

Unsure... Is it possible that Sprint is blocking it even rooted? I tried two different tethering apps.

Can someone tell me if they can tether wirelessly?

Sent from my EVO 4G LTE using Tapatalk 2

sabbys

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
Is this breaking Google Wallet for anyone? An early root report mention breaking Wallet and I can't figure out how to test it without a purchase per se.

Thanks

sabbys

Paladin

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Man, forget that. This UI is perfect as is. I cannot see any ROM being any better than this stock. I am seriously impressed!

I can easily say this phone is way better than an iPhone. As thin, responsive, beautiful larger screen. I am so glad I got this.

Just mho of course.

Sent from my EVO 4G LTE using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
Reactions: cloak.n.dagger

aviatordoc

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
Try this man, rooting is not to screw up the phone, read about it. You get to do a full backup with TB, and among all other benefits, lets you tether. I sometimes need tether to use my HP TPad on CM9 as it is only wifi. I am good and use it only if i really need.
When I got my EVO 3d, it took me a long time to figure out the HTC >1.5 hboot.
This is easy. does not need going through HTC.

KMachine

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site
Titanium Backup and Wireless Tether both work fine so far. Tether is basically worthless until they turn on LTE in Kansas City but I am ready for when they flip the switch!!

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance