How to Root HTC Evo 4G LTE!

lemonhead420

May 26, 2012
Visit site
I used the same one and also tried Barnicle. Turns on just fine but laptop nor tablet will connect.

I tried both those two and they pretended to work but no wireless network was visible on my laptop. I got Easy Tether Lite and that works but it is not wireless, you have to tether with the USB cord. I want some custom ROMs ASAP!

Reactions: YvesStLawrence

Paladin

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
My tether apps wireless signal are seen by my laptop/iPad/ROM-ed Color Nook but I cannot connect to the EVO LTE.

To give credit to Apple my iPad is really good at re connecting to any wireless I have set up. It does it automatically even when turned off.
It sees it but fails to connect.

Weird, I restored the wireless tether from a TB backup so it was completely the same as on my original Evo. I downloaded another and nothing. I tried with and without encryption etc...

I wonder what is making that app not work... I am thinking I am going to re-run that root script again.

Last edited:

alvin319

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
My tether apps wireless signal are seen by my laptop/iPad/ROM-ed Color Nook but I cannot connect to the EVO LTE.

To give credit to Apple my iPad is really good at re connecting to any wireless I have set up. It does it automatically even when turned off.
It sees it but fails to connect.

Weird, I restored the wireless tether from a TB backup so it was completely the same as on my original Evo. I downloaded another and nothing. I tried with and without encryption etc...

I wonder what is making that app not work... I am thinking I am going to re-run that root script again.

Let us know how it work out. Still can not get any wireless tether app to work.

wyrdangel

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
I am continually getting "adb server is out of date" and the root script doesn't work because the filesystems are still read-only. It seems that I cannot get the new driver to install properly even though it seems to work each time I try to install it.

Anyone else having the same problem? I am using Windows 7, btw.

I may have to wait until Tuesday and try it on my Linux box at work instead...

Last edited:

aviatordoc

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
are you using the right version 64 vs 32 bit
Try uninstalling HTC drivers completely, reboot and do fresh, although you may have done all this already.

wyrdangel

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
I am continually getting "adb server is out of date" and the root script doesn't work because the filesystems are still read-only. It seems that I cannot get the new driver to install properly even though it seems to work each time I try to install it.

Anyone else having the same problem? I am using Windows 7, btw.

I may have to wait until Tuesday and try it on my Linux box at work instead...

Ok...finally figured this out. I had HTC Sync installed which seems to add its own adb server to the path. As soon as I uninstalled it everything worked very smoothly.

Hope this helps anyone who may be experiencing the same thing.

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

jasonmdarr

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
I'm having trouble running the ruu. It keeps taking it down to Android 1.0 and then not letting me update the drivers... Is there a ruu for Mac or Linux?

TeamTami

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
Question ? When I downloaded the Root package for the 32bit EVO4G LTE it does not ave teh INF file located it it anywhere do it does no open up the HTC Device. is there something I am missing or is there other directions for the 32bit computers? Please help Thank you

jjrog1129

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
At the end of the download for the RUU to return to stock, I receive an error message:
"unable to download due to insufficient privileges".

Help!!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Junkie XL