HTC Media Link No Sound Problem

gmtom1

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Re: HTC Media Link

Both sound & picture work fine for me. Is your TV set to output HDMI audio properly? Does audio come through other devices connected with just HDMI?

Also, I noticed the media volume on the phone adjusts the sound output to the Media Link too.

Last edited:

Dakota 35-2

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
I actually never configured it lol...Once I configured it was ok lol...Works nice...ended up watching 3 movies at work today since we had a quiet 24 hour shift.

-Sent from my US Customs Edition EVO 4G LTE-

petiejay

Sep 11, 2011
Visit site

I actually never configured it lol...Once I configured it was ok lol...Works nice...ended up watching 3 movies at work today since we had a quiet 24 hour shift.

I also can not get my evolte to connect with the media link. It will show up as configuring on the tv and my phone. Then it says it unable to setup media link on this tv, try again later.
What settings did you configure to get yours to work. I played with the DNLA setting but didn't have any luck. Any help would be appreciated. Sprint and HTC were of no help.

gmtom1

May 16, 2010
Visit site

I also can not get my evolte to connect with the media link. It will show up as configuring on the tv and my phone. Then it says it unable to setup media link on this tv, try again later.
What settings did you configure to get yours to work. I played with the DNLA setting but didn't have any luck. Any help would be appreciated. Sprint and HTC were of no help.

I don't know if this matters or not, but it could depend on if your TV is HDCP compliant.

Dakota 35-2

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site

I didn't have to do a thing. I hooked ot to the TV about a week before I got the phone. Got my phone and did the 3 do.get swipe and boom it was on the TV. DCed from it and powered down the media link. Repowered it and hooked up again and the sound worked. No settings were messed with

Robynsnest

Apr 14, 2012
Visit site

Sorry for a stupid question but I'm still learning about this phone. What does the Media link do? What is the purpose?

jnl813

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site

Someone educate me on this real quick.... what is the Media link for? Would I use it if I have a PS3 with Netflix on my LED TV?

rajamahal

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site

Anyone get Google Play Movies to display (renting a movie)? I think something's up with DRM limitations or something. I've contacted Google and HTC and neither one had an answer or took blame for it not working.

anon(498949)

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site

Any idea if you can get HBO Go to work with the media link?

Yes..... ish. When you start a show/movie in the app, the phone will go to a nice "blank" screen and on the TV you will see the ratings screen appear as if the show is going to play.... then the TV will go "blank". I am using blank, but really it is like a kind of splash screen. As an alternative to this, start playing the show/movie on the phone and then do the three fingered swipe. This will make the show/movie show on the TV....... BUT, it will continue to play on the phone screen AND that stupid virtual menu button will be there, which means the how screen of your TV is not being used. The same thing happens with the Max Go app (unsurprisingly).

Now, if I could just get amazon videos streaming nicely, I would be a happy boy!

gmtom1

May 16, 2010
Visit site

Someone educate me on this real quick.... what is the Media link for? Would I use it if I have a PS3 with Netflix on my LED TV?

Think of it as a wireless MHL adapter, except that in certain cases, you can still use the phone to do other things while your media content is playing on the TV. I've tried playing back using HBO Go and local media stored on the phone and both generally work well.

Reactions: jnl813

Tyler Durden

May 14, 2010
Visit site

make sure your Wifi router is not 5 Gig, if you have the option switch to 2.4gig... the media link has an issue with 5gig routers...
my router does both and I was having the same problems getting the Media link to work, until I switched off 5 gig.

webhaus

May 12, 2012
Visit site

I have a Samsung Smart TV (DLNA) and the HTC Media Link will not connect, but I was able to use iShareMedia app to connect and that works great.

evo64

May 28, 2011
Visit site

I checked the router and its 2.4g. Video from my evo lte using the media share dongle hooked to tv buffers and buffers. Went to show some freinds and it would buffer at first and then play for 30 seconds or so and then buffer. I'm using a motorola SBG6580 router and am no farther than 10 feet from it. Anyone else have the buffering issue?

Tried going straight to mediashare dongle with phones wi-fi, not going through home wi-fi and it buffered less but still bufferd.

Last edited:

bklynsytlebaby

May 10, 2012
Visit site

I checked the router and its 2.4g. Video from my evo lte using the media share dongle hooked to tv buffers and buffers. Went to show some freinds and it would buffer at first and then play for 30 seconds or so and then buffer. I'm using a motorola SBG6580 router and am no farther than 10 feet from it. Anyone else have the buffering issue?

Playback for me isnt as good as i thought it would be, i should send it back for a refund, but ill hold on to it hoping for a firmware update!

FaisDogg

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site

Press and hold the button on Media Link for 10 sec and it will reset, dont mess with any setting it's made to work out of the box, works great with both my EOV LTE's 1080p video mirrors without any buffering...LOVE this thing...I glad I didnt act dumb and purchased two of them...lol

evo64

May 28, 2011
Visit site

Mine must be a lemon then. I'll take it back. I also tried not using my home wifi and just go straight to mediashare dongle using phones wi-fi to dongle and it still buffers on video. It buffered less but still paused every 10 or 20 seconds or so to buffer, what a drag.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463