Got the wrong phone in the box!!!!!

rajamahal

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
So guys no joke...I attempted to activate my phone and it didn't work. Called customer service, chatted, no dice. Went to the sprint store for help. They were rude and told me to call corporate from one of their phones. Rude!!!!

Anyway I called back...eventually figured out that ALL the phone identification numbers in the phone were different than the ones on the box. Some dude named Carl had already activated the phone in the box!!!! No way right!!!! After three hours they were finally able to deactivate it with Carl's info and then reactivate it with the my info. Anyway that was an experience...thought you'd enjoy. Awesome phone though, truly magnificent!

Carl, if you're out there I feel like we'll always be connected. Think you had an 840 or 843 or 804 or 803 area code. EVO brothers from another mother. Anybody else run into this problem by chance?

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

houstonwino

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
At this point I'd trade experiences with you. It's 8pm here in Houston and it is looking like my UPS guy screwed me over. My guess is that when I call to complain (if it doesn't come), I will hear that he tried twice and no one was home, which of course will be BS.

PhyscoAssassinX

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
So guys no joke...I attempted to activate my phone and it didn't work. Called customer service, chatted, no dice. Went to the sprint store for help. They were rude and told me to call corporate from one of their phones. Rude!!!!

Anyway I called back...eventually figured out that ALL the phone identification numbers in the phone were different than the ones on the box. Some dude named Carl had already activated the phone in the box!!!! No way right!!!! After three hours they were finally able to deactivate it with Carl's info and then reactivate it with the my info. Anyway that was an experience...thought you'd enjoy. Awesome phone though, truly magnificent!

Carl, if you're out there I feel like we'll always be connected. Think you had an 840 or 843 or 804 or 803 area code. EVO brothers from another mother. Anybody else run into this problem by chance?

Carl is probably the US Customs agent who checked the phones:p

Reactions: Morenicano

rajamahal

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
Carl is probably the US Customs agent who checked the phones:p

And I was THAT GUY who said they would never open up a box then close it again. Haha nice comment man. Think I have to blame it on somebody making less than 3 dollars an hour in Taiwan though. =b

rajamahal

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
At this point I'd trade experiences with you. It's 8pm here in Houston and it is looking like my UPS guy screwed me over. My guess is that when I call to complain (if it doesn't come), I will hear that he tried twice and no one was home, which of course will be BS.

I'm sorry to hear that man. It pretty much was looking like I had to get a replacement until I got connected to a really really nice Asian girl. I still need to get a replacement due to the mismatched box. More like I'm demanding a replacement. She promised she'd be the one calling back and I totally got her number. I'm married but will always still be a player. ;)

Mikey47

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
When I read your thread title, I thought you were going to say you opened it and there was a Galaxy Nexus or something...

Glad you got it straightened out!

Dissonance

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site

That's exactly what happened to me today. I was a couple of feet from my front door waiting for this guy to show up and he never came... I take a look at the tracking number and it says
05/24/2012 7:51 P.M. The customer was not available on the 1st attempt. A 2nd attempt will be made.
This has happened before, too. Looks like he just scans whatever he doesn't deliver at the end of the day and throws away those little tickets that would have been on the door so you can't even ask them to hold it for you...

PhyscoAssassinX

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
That's exactly what happened to me today. I was a couple of feet from my front door waiting for this guy to show up and he never came... I take a look at the tracking number and it says
This has happened before, too. Looks like he just scans whatever he doesn't deliver at the end of the day and throws away those little tickets that would have been on the door so you can't even ask them to hold it for you...

Call them give the tracking number they'll hold it for you, I'm picking mine up tomorrow and the UPS hub since yours comes here around 9am and I'm at work

Sent from my HTC .....oh wait its stuck at customs

PhyscoAssassinX

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
Call them give the tracking number and tell them you want to pick it up at the nearest UPS. they'll hold it for you, I'm picking mine up tomorrow at the UPS hub since UPS comes here around 9am and I'm at work

texans11

May 25, 2012
Visit site
rajamahal, So were they able to activate your phone? I have the same problem.
The number ending for MEID DEC for the box are 792, on the phone it's 684..
Sprint rep said she was gonna give me call tomorrow, and see if they can activate my phone.:(

houstonwino

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
I'm sorry to hear that man. It pretty much was looking like I had to get a replacement until I got connected to a really really nice Asian girl. I still need to get a replacement due to the mismatched box. More like I'm demanding a replacement. She promised she'd be the one calling back and I totally got her number. I'm married but will always still be a player. ;)

You got your phone AND a nice Asian girl??? Now I'm feeling like I really got screwed! You, on the other hand, have to be ecstatic. What a deal!

houstonwino

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site

I haven't even gotten any lies yet. Tracking shows that the truck left with my phone yesterday at 6:43 am then nothing until Out For Delivery again at 5:08 am this morning. Any time that I have either missed a package or a lazy driver lied and said that I missed one, tracking status changed to Exception. Someone who is completely blameless in this better have some sort of explanation for this when their chat support opens at 8. I plan to be nice, but I have a large amount of admittedly irrational anger boiling just below the surface right now. I really don't want to take it out on some CS person, but almost every other word out of my mouth this morning has begun with "mother" and hasn't ended in "may I."

rajamahal

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
rajamahal, So were they able to activate your phone? I have the same problem.
The number ending for MEID DEC for the box are 792, on the phone it's 684..
Sprint rep said she was gonna give me call tomorrow, and see if they can activate my phone.:(

Well I had a chat and call, a trip to the Sprint store (to call on my own again) until I got to a person who was able to get rid of the existing incorrect activation.

If you see under phone info that it's registered to a different number to yours then you need to get one of the sprint reps to call up to escalation who know how to fix it. Once this happens, you'll have to dial ##72786# and enter in the msl number password. You have to delete the existing information in there via a menu at the top right, and enter the correct information. Then the phone restarts and you have to go into the main settings page, scroll down to activate phone. It should activate at that point.

It was a long process, but perhaps you can find the right person to do it like I was able to. I've also got her giving me a call back next week to get a replacement phone with a matching box out. We should have the correct numbers on the box for resale purposes. Best of luck!

Here's the official sprint process on that MSL thingy I mentioned above, prior to pressing the "activate my phone" button in the settings menu. Remember prior to all this they still have delete the current incorrect activation and program in the correct one using the MEID numbers from the phone, not the box.

-On the phone dial pad, press ## followed by the 6-digit code you received in the Activate your new phone process in My Sprint, followed by an additional #. Example: ##72786#
-You will see the Service Program screen; tap Edit Mode
-Tap Mobile Directory Number (MDN) to select
-Select the number key on the virtual keyboard, enter the 10-digit MDN, then tap OK
-Tap MSID to select
-Select the number key on the virtual keyboard, enter the 10-digit MSID, then tap OK
-Verify you entered the correct MDN and MSID then press the Menu key
-Tap Commit Modifications
-After the prompt appears verifying updates, tap OK or let the phone reset automatically
-After the phone reboots, open the Web browser to update the data profile
-Once you are returned to the Home screen, make a call and access data to ensure your phone programmed successfully. If you are unable to call or access data, contact us.

texans11

May 25, 2012
Visit site
Well I had a chat and call, a trip to the Sprint store (to call on my own again) until I got to a person who was able to get rid of the existing incorrect activation.

If you see under phone info that it's registered to a different number to yours then you need to get one of the sprint reps to call up to escalation who know how to fix it. Once this happens, you'll have to dial ##72786# and enter in the msl number password. You have to delete the existing information in there via a menu at the top right, and enter the correct information. Then the phone restarts and you have to go into the main settings page, scroll down to activate phone. It should activate at that point.

It was a long process, but perhaps you can find the right person to do it like I was able to. I've also got her giving me a call back next week to get a replacement phone with a matching box out. We should have the correct numbers on the box for resale purposes. Best of luck!

Here's the official sprint process on that MSL thingy I mentioned above, prior to pressing the "activate my phone" button in the settings menu. Remember prior to all this they still have delete the current incorrect activation and program in the correct one using the MEID numbers from the phone, not the box.

-On the phone dial pad, press ## followed by the 6-digit code you received in the Activate your new phone process in My Sprint, followed by an additional #. Example: ##72786#
-You will see the Service Program screen; tap Edit Mode
-Tap Mobile Directory Number (MDN) to select
-Select the number key on the virtual keyboard, enter the 10-digit MDN, then tap OK
-Tap MSID to select
-Select the number key on the virtual keyboard, enter the 10-digit MSID, then tap OK
-Verify you entered the correct MDN and MSID then press the Menu key
-Tap Commit Modifications
-After the prompt appears verifying updates, tap OK or let the phone reset automatically
-After the phone reboots, open the Web browser to update the data profile
-Once you are returned to the Home screen, make a call and access data to ensure your phone programmed successfully. If you are unable to call or access data, contact us.
Thanks so much for that information.. The lady who is calling me back today works escalation, she was only person I talked to who made sense of things.. I will let her know this information when we talk.. thanks a lot :)