Bye Bye Sense

RG129

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Okay after about 8 hours, I couldn't stand how big the screen was and how much space there was between all the icons in the home screens. What a waste of real estate.

I'm giving Nova a shot, and may see if Apex is any better.

Am I losing anything besides Sense widgets? I've already set up my lock screen the way I want it before making Nova the default, so my lock screen is fine.

Anybody else have any experience with the new ICS launchers vs Sense?

jnl813

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
I have to wait a little longer I just got it about an hour ago... But so far not a big fan...

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

NicksGarage

May 18, 2010
Visit site
I use Launch-X Pro to get more icons on the screen. Used it on my OG EVO and it's working even better on the EVOLTE. It's just an app, not a full launcher replacement.

RG129

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Nova works well for me now. I'll still give Apex a shot this weekend. I'm still not too sure of the differences. I'm also liking having my vertical app drawer back. I hated the side swiping pages.

And is anybody else getting scrollable widgets to work in Sense? My Pure Calendar widget wouldn't scroll in Sense...but works fine in Nova.

kbp08tls

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site
I used Apex on CM9 on my old phone. I liked it better than Nova. I've never had a Sense phone, so I'm going to give it a fair shake for a few days. I have a sneaky feeling that I'll be rooting and ROMing as soon as some stable ROMs are available though.

Sent from my E4GLTE using Android Central Forums

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
Nova works well for me now. I'll still give Apex a shot this weekend. I'm still not too sure of the differences. I'm also liking having my vertical app drawer back. I hated the side swiping pages.

And is anybody else getting scrollable widgets to work in Sense? My Pure Calendar widget wouldn't scroll in Sense...but works fine in Nova.

Hey th what weather widget is that?

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums

dtreo

May 4, 2010
Visit site
This thread is a great example of things that can never happen with iOS. Google must love stuff like these comments.

Edit - i.e. Android is better since users can customize it to their liking. iOS? Take it or leave it. Or, go wacky making an exciting folder.

Last edited:

Mikey47

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
This thread is a great example of things that can never happen with iOS. Google must love stuff like these comments.

Hmm, I actually think exactly the opposite. If you don't like what is there out-of-the-box, you change it.

iOS's credo is if you don't like what is there out-of-the-box, tough [deleted].

Last edited by a moderator:

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
Hmm, I actually think exactly the opposite. If you don't like what is there out-of-the-box, you change it.

iOS's credo is if you don't like what is there out-of-the-box, tough [deleted].

BUT YOU CAN MAKE FOLDERS!

Also, Nova Prime is one of the best purchases one can make in the Play Store.

Last edited by a moderator: