Text/Contact Question

MDteX

May 14, 2010
Visit site
For some reason in my text session the messages are prefaced with the phone number. The contact name is displayed at the top but each message from the contact is prefaced with the phone number. This does not happen on all contacts though.

Any idea how to eliminate this?

Last edited:

JD76ers

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
For some reason in my text session the messages are prefaced with the phone number. The contact name is displayed at the top but each message from the contact is prefaces each message from him. This does not happen on all contacts though.

Any idea how to eliminate this?

I was just going to ask this question too

Mercury81

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
Which messaging app are you using? I'm using handscent all is well with name and nunber showing. I know there is seperate selection for settings in messaging .You may want to check in there to see if you can select a different setting. Hope this helps Good luck!

sent from my Evo4LTE

Tical

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
It looks like it's a bug/feature/way HTC decided to do it to differentiate numbers. For clarity of those finding the thread later via search:

In the default messaging app, the contact phone number prefaces the each message. This occurs only when there are multiple numbers for that contact and there is no way to disable (currently) other than installing alternate messaging app.

MDteX

May 14, 2010
Visit site
It looks like it's a bug/feature/way HTC decided to do it to differentiate numbers. For clarity of those finding the thread later via search:

In the default messaging app, the contact phone number prefaces the each message. This occurs only when there are multiple numbers for that contact and there is no way to disable (currently) other than installing alternate messaging app.

Thanks for the update. I will verify that but it sounds pretty logical.

ericj12

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site
yeah i can confirm that it only shows up on contacts who have more than one phone number. i guess it's so you can tell what number they texted you from, but really what difference does that make? i dont know if there is a way to change it.

i used handcent with my old device and tried to use the default messaging app for a day or two after getting this. i didnt really like the lack of customization so i went back to handcent and havent looked back since.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20