HTC EVO 4G LTE First Impressions/Reviews

andybock

May 16, 2012
Visit site
Re: First Impressions?

I love it.. Wasn't a fan of the look in the pictures, but I actually love the look overall. Wasn't expecting the screen to be as beautiful as it is. Games are playing great on it. Love the way the messenger is set up, a lot better then the original evo. Can't comment on battery life at the moment. Quick question, does anyone know where the 4g lte switch is?

hero992000

May 8, 2010
Visit site
I love it.. Wasn't a fan of the look in the pictures, but I actually love the look overall. Wasn't expecting the screen to be as beautiful as it is. Games are playing great on it. Love the way the messenger is set up, a lot better then the original evo. Can't comment on battery life at the moment. Quick question, does anyone know where the 4g lte switch is?

Settings/mobile network/network mode

Sent from my Transformer TF101

MNofsinger

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site

So far I am loving this phone. It runs nice and smooth. ICS is great. The screen is beautiful. I bought the PT case they had at Best Buy. With the case on, it is a little difficult to press the camera button. The camera is far superior to the one on My EVO 3d. Attached is a picture I took of a lake not far from where I live in Louisville. I love the reflection of the trees in the water...:D

Where do I access the Beats audio? I can't seem to find it on the phone.

KMachine

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site

I am loving the phone. The screen is as gorgeous as advertised and have nearly downloaded all my "old" apps that I had on my OG Evo- except for ones that ICS has replaced -and still no lag. Only complaint is that the phone is so tall now that it is a bit hard to type in landscape. Cannot wait for LTE though. Drove around and pulled up a few apps while waiting in a drive through and the download speeds were horrendous.

andybock

May 16, 2012
Visit site
I am loving the phone. The screen is as gorgeous as advertised and have nearly downloaded all my "old" apps that I had on my OG Evo- except for ones that ICS has replaced -and still no lag. Only complaint is that the phone is so tall now that it is a bit hard to type in landscape. Cannot wait for LTE though. Drove around and pulled up a few apps while waiting in a drive through and the download speeds were horrendous.

I think they have the download speeds that slow by design. Maybe I am just going crazy, but I feel they are doing it so we use wifi instead. I have full bars but yet will only change a percent every couple minutes.

prissysox

Trusted Member
Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
So far I am loving this phone. It runs nice and smooth. ICS is great. The screen is beautiful. I bought the PT case they had at Best Buy. With the case on, it is a little difficult to press the camera button. The camera is far superior to the one on My EVO 3d. Attached is a picture I took of a lake not far from where I live in Louisville. I love the reflection of the trees in the water...:D

Where do I access the Beats audio? I can't seem to find it on the phone.

Tou can't access beats until the phone detects an audio source besides speaker. Then your only option is to turn on or off

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums

Reactions: MNofsinger

EVO28312

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site

This is BS!!! To begin with it took them 40 min to find my preordered phone and know they're telling me they're no longer giving me the 50 gift card for upgrading as advertised. Wtf!! Anyone else come across this problem with BB!??!?!?

Last edited by a moderator:

cloak.n.dagger

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
FYI, that icon allows for a quick switch between input devices. I use it to quickly switch to the Google Voice input option, which comes in handy in situations where typing isn't a good idea or convenient.

Sent from my E4GLTE using Android Central Forums

Reactions: b1time

WeGlobal

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
My initial thoughts are thoughts of joy. I definitely see the difference in speed from my OG EVO. As others have stated, the screen wows. I love being able to disable some of the bloatware. Haven't used the camera yet but I will tomorrow. Phone is very thin and light. Only negatives for me so far is getting used to not having a menu button, and oily hand prints on the back upper half, and no case.

Had a chance to get a TP case from BB, but I'm getting the Seidio Surface combo tomorrow as well as a 32 or 64gb card.

Officially sent from my HTC EVO 4G LTE using Android Forums.

cloak.n.dagger

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
Got mine about 2 hours ago.. its awesome... just one thing tho the keyboard notification icon pops up when I type something.. I had that problem with my nexus when i first flashed ICS i just forgot how to take it off.. other than that... wow

Sorry, my post above was meant to be a response to this post.

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

icedcoffee10702

Apr 17, 2011
Visit site

I wish i had one right now to post my thoughts on the phone too! But I was unable to preorder the phone. So I'm just going to have to sit tight and hope I can get one at my local Sprint store at the mall(when available). Hopefully not that many people want one(or they have a lot in stock)... Anyway all your guy's first impressions make this phone seem just as good as im hoping it to be! hopefully it has better battery life than my ns4g which is really really bad.

Reactions: YvesStLawrence

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site

Okay, day (well half a day) one with my new evo.

First thing the girl at BB opened the box and said she just wanted to hold it for a while lol. Went through and before i left she asked if she could hold it once more, wishing she saved her upgrade for this phone.

BB had a few cases that i opted against but i did stop at 2 Sprint stores and one RS just to see if they had anything ANYTHING for the phone i might want. When i asked if they had any cases they (Sprint) said the phone aint even out yet. Then i showed him my phone ;) He and the 3 customers in the store were blown away. First at the fact that i had it and second about the design and screen.

So I got home and gave it a work out and i can say OMG lol I love this phone.

So fast, screen (sigh) I stopped at several electronic store's basically just to flaunt my new phone and everyone took notice. Every person that seen the phone loved it. Then i turned on the screen and blew them away.

So i'll run it for a day or two and then post a report but for now, today I LOVE THIS PHONE

icedcoffee10702

Apr 17, 2011
Visit site

Okay, day (well half a day) one with my new evo.

First thing the girl at BB opened the box and said she just wanted to hold it for a while lol. Went through and before i left she asked if she could hold it once more, wishing she saved her upgrade for this phone.

BB had a few cases that i opted against but i did stop at 2 Sprint stores and one RS just to see if they had anything ANYTHING for the phone i might want. When i asked if they had any cases they (Sprint) said the phone aint even out yet. Then i showed him my phone ;) He and the 3 customers in the store were blown away. First at the fact that i had it and second about the design and screen.

So I got home and gave it a work out and i can say OMG lol I love this phone.

So fast, screen (sigh) I stopped at several electronic store's basically just to flaunt my new phone and everyone took notice. Every person that seen the phone loved it. Then i turned on the screen and blew them away.

So i'll run it for a day or two and then post a report but for now, today I LOVE THIS PHONE

Sounds great to me, Id love to hear your opinion once you have had it a couple of days, I hope I am able to purchase the phone before schools over so I can also show it off. :p

rpmorri#CB

May 21, 2010
Visit site

Jesus H, this phone. Wow. There is absolutely no comparison to the OG Evo. There's simply not.

The only thing to improve is LTE, honestly. 3G isn't "fast" (although it's a bit quicker than on the OG Evo), WiFi speeds are nuts. Once LTE finishes getting set up, this phone will be a beast.

ImNoPrince

May 7, 2012
Visit site

Is it me or are the Icons extremely Small . I've tried every setting (and found nothing lol ) but they are just small conpaired to my OG evo.

Mithritades

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site

Screen is actually incredible. I thought the reviews were hyperbole but apparently not.....

I have a question: when the screen is unlocked -- I thought the phyiscal camera button was supposed to launch the camera app? Is there a setting to enable or was I mistaken?
hold the button all the way down for like 2 seconds

kcpowercat

May 17, 2010
Visit site

No complaints as of yet....have to play around with the camera a little more as it has awesome functions but I've had some out of focus pictures, so got to figure out why.

Seems like a huge jump from 3D to LTE....much bigger jump than OG EVO to 3D functionality wise. Battery seems to be holding strong given all I've loaded and had it doing all evening. Face unlock rocks.

Physically I see nothing wrong with it. Thin and I could care less that the back is two designs.

Music sounds louder out of the speaker.

Overall very excited to run it through a full day tomorrow. Productivity will be at an annual low....which seems to always be around new phone time.

Hurleygm

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site

Same problem. I couldn't download any apps on 3G.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2