how do you move apps to the sd card?

crow11ad

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
I have a 64 gig card and the phone has 2 gig internal, 9 gig + phone storage and 59+ gig sd. I am trying to move apps.to.the sd card. Am I missing something? Any help.would be greatly appreciated.

KoukiFC3S

Oct 9, 2009
Visit site
The phone has 3 partitions

App storage - 2GB

-Internal Storage "/sdcard" 9GB

-Physical SD "/sdcard/ext_sd"

Because of the way the Android OS works, your app can only go on the app storage or the internal storage.

What can go in your real SD card?
-Pics taken with the camera
-Media (music, videos)
-Apps that let you decide the directory of the files (ex: Pocketcasts)
-Downloads from the browser

If you root, you do have more options available.

charlesspivak1

May 5, 2010
Visit site
The phone has 3 partitions

App storage - 2GB

-Internal Storage "/sdcard" 9GB

-Physical SD "/sdcard/ext_sd"

Because of the way the Android OS works, your app can only go on the app storage or the internal storage.

What can go in your real SD card?
-Pics taken with the camera
-Media (music, videos)
-Apps that let you decide the directory of the files (ex: Pocketcasts)
-Downloads from the browser

If you root, you do have more options available.

Can you put what you can put on the SD card onto the Internal Storage as well...besides just Apps? (ie. Pics, Media, Downloads)?

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
As in moving apps to SD nothing. This why u have 2gb of app storage on the phone. It can only be used for that purpose. And its plenty large enough to handle a crap load of apps.
so what works with ICS?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

KoukiFC3S

Oct 9, 2009
Visit site
My only complaint is for games that download large files to the "sdcard".

The files will be downloaded to the 9GB internal storage.

With games being 500MB-1GB, it can fill up quickly.

silverthornne

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
Well, here's my first real disappointment with the EVO :(

What's with the way Android handles external storage anyway? I mean, a folder inside the internal storage partition? That seems half baked...

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
Its not evo its android.
Well, here's my first real disappointment with the EVO :(

What's with the way Android handles external storage anyway? I mean, a folder inside the internal storage partition? That seems half baked...

KoukiFC3S

Oct 9, 2009
Visit site
It's a big problem that most users don't know about.

A bunch of manufacturers do this. Motorola, Samsung, HTC have been doing this for years. I was hoping that ICS would fix it, but that didn't happen.

Sad thing is that both the original EVO and the 3D used the sd card partition correctly. Too bad the new EVO doesnt. :(

Sent from my EVO LTE

silverthornne

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
Its not evo its android.

I guess I expressed my thoughts incorrectly. I know it's Android, not the EVO, but because my previous Android device allowed me to correctly use the SD card for apps, it is a disappointment with the EVO that it can't. For all the crap that manufacturers add to their Android skins, they seem incapable of fixing the one thing that requires fixing...

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
But there is nothing to fix. U have dedicated space strictly for apps. Nothing more. I have over 300 apps and barely touched 1gb.
I guess I expressed my thoughts incorrectly. I know it's Android, not the EVO, but because my previous Android device allowed me to correctly use the SD card for apps, it is a disappointment with the EVO that it can't. For all the crap that manufacturers add to their Android skins, they seem incapable of fixing the one thing that requires fixing...

silverthornne

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
But there is nothing to fix. U have dedicated space strictly for apps. Nothing more. I have over 300 apps and barely touched 1gb.

This line of thinking is exactly the same one that got MS to say that 640kb of RAM was more than would ever be needed when they designed DOS. We all know how that turned out ;)

But seriously, this IS an issue when you download a game, can't move it to SD, and the OS reports it as using 784MB of space or more. That adds up insanely fast.

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site
For any parents out there. Check out an app called Life 360 if you haven't yet

It allows you to gps locate any phone in your family once a connection is set up. Great for keeping track of where your kid's are :)

Also allows you to see any sexual offenders living in your area and there crime.

I love this app

Reactions: crow11ad

DWR_31

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
For any parents out there. Check out an app called Life 360 if you haven't yet

It allows you to gps locate any phone in your family once a connection is set up. Great for keeping track of where your kid's are :)

Also allows you to see any sexual offenders living in your area and there crime.

I love this app

I understand about knowing where your kids are, but blatant labeling prejudice seems a little beneath you.
From your point of view (Your kid is 18 and my kid is 16 and they decide to have physical relations. Because I don't want my kid with yours, I get your kid charged with statutory r@p?. Now your kid is a SEX OFFENDER.)

Yes this has happened to a lot of people. And yes, our justice system is broken.

If you are so concerned with protecting your child, do the smart thing and inform your child of the dangers of the world. (If all you can do is run around claiming OFFENDER, OFFENDER, then a crime has already been committed against your child. Its the crime of having a BAD PARENT.)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon