Google Voice

photomikey

May 16, 2012
Visit site
Installed Google Voice on my EVO LTE yesterday. Now every outgoing call and text comes from my Google Voice number instead of my cell phone number. It also appears that it is actually running through GV, because there is that atrocious delay.

In GV settings (online, not on the phone), I can click on "make primary" next to my cell phone number - but it tells me I have to unistall GV on my phone first.

What I had (and want back) is that if you call my cell #, my cell rings, and if I don't answer, it goes to GV VM. If you call my GV #, my office (running an Obi110) AND my cell phone ring, and if I don't answer, it goes to GV VM. Calling out from my cell #, you see my cell # as CID, and calling out from the office (Obi110) you see the GV # as CID.

This is how it was running two days ago. Is this still possible?

RG129

May 16, 2010
Visit site
I did the same thing on accident and fixed it on the website (not within the phone app).

Log into Google voice and go to settings, under "Phones" tab, go to "Forwards calls to" and click the "Disable Google Voice on your Sprint phone" link.

This will reprovision something on your phone, and after a few seconds, you're back to the old way you were using Voice.

klamer

May 14, 2010
Visit site
I believe it is. When you set up GV after your reinstall (if these options are presented again) you will eventually be given the option of:

Using GV for all your communications (calls from this phone show/use GV) etc

Use the phones original number for communications etc and use GV for VM.

You would want to select the second option. I did this last night and it's a little fuzzy so I'm not 100% sure on this. In addition, I don't know if once the first option is selected a simple uninstall/reinstall will fix your issue, it may go deeper than that.

Good luck.

WeGlobal

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
Activating my phone yesterday took FOREVER because I had GV setup using my Sprint number. Had to wait until I got home and disabled GV on my laptop before my phone was activated.

Officially sent from my HTC EVO 4G LTE using Android Forums.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech