EVO 4G LTE Wifi connection glitches?

batfastard

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Had the same WiFi issues but as a known fix I put in some other forums, download an app called WiFi manager and connect to your WiFi via that.

Your WiFi dropping in and out should stop. Mine did, even after uninstalling WiFi manager after I was done.

Try it and thank me when it works.

Sent from OG EVO LTE with Android Central Forums

I tried WiFi manager, connecting to my access point from there, and I am still experiencing bouncing. Possibly fewer occurrences of it, but I still observe it while using the device. Bummer.

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

Anthonicia

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I tried WiFi manager, connecting to my access point from there, and I am still experiencing bouncing. Possibly fewer occurrences of it, but I still observe it while using the device. Bummer.

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

Did u try seeing if there are competing frequencies on or close to yours? Try WiFi analyzer, it will tell u what channel is most free from interference.

Anthonicia

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site

Yeah man, I saw u were having this problem. I actually shut down my data when I'm sleeping. Used to doing it from the og EVO too.

Think Im in shock that this "advanced" technology phone has so little customizable options. Less than the og EVO at this point. If u choose WiFi on during sleep then it should be that way. Not wait an hour then turn it off.

Wanted to wait until after the first ota to root and flash roms, but these little annoyances are getting to me. Before next week I will be running viper Rom. Sucks they don't have a fix for the multitasking yet tho. If they did I would flash today.

zit1343

Jul 17, 2012
Visit site
Alright guys, I figured about the problem,
I read post on this thread but none of it helped me.

than I tried to change the wireless channel for my router from auto to some different channel like 11 or whatever you want, if 11 doesnt work than try different number coz someone near you might be on same channel.

this worked for me without any hardware replacement or software

to change channel you need to go to your router setting like 192.168.1.1 for me

Good luck

Topgonzo

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
The problem was related to a software issue. The ota I did yesterday fixed the WiFi issues I was having completely

Sent from my EVO 4G LTE

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay