Seido Case For EVO 4g LTE Probelms

revival

May 27, 2010
Visit site
I just purchased the seido Surface case for the EVO LTE 4g (Bought 2)

I placed it on my EVO the the camera button doesnt seem to work

It doesnt feel like Im clicking it down ( the power button does)
Matter of fact if I press next to the camera button It takes a picture.

Both of my cases have this probelm

Anyone buy one of these cases? Do you have the same problem?

MexRex

May 26, 2012
Visit site
I just purchased the seido Surface case for the EVO LTE 4g (Bought 2)

I placed it on my EVO the the camera button doesnt seem to work

It doesnt feel like Im clicking it down ( the power button does)
Matter of fact if I press next to the camera button It takes a picture.

Both of my cases have this probelm

Anyone buy one of these cases? Do you have the same problem?

I have the case. Same issue and this is what I did to fix it. I noticed some of the scratch resistant material was also on the camera button part of the case. I cut that out. Then I poked the camera button on the case from inside out so to bend the notch out a little. Problem solved. Also make sure to slide the two case pieces together tightly as it seems if it sticks out a little it will hit the camera button.

May 15, 2012
Visit site
Yea, same issue here. I have to press very hard to make the camera work. Looks like it has to do with the way the cover button is connected to the case. The right side acts as a hinge so the button can be pressed. However, the hinge seems to be to long and will not allow the button to be pressed in the middle. We seem to only be pressing the left side of the button. I plan on calling Seidio on Monday to see what they can do.

I still really like this case and hope they can develop a fix for us.

ericj12

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site
cant speak on the seido case but i bought myself an otterbox defender today for my evo and i couldnt be happier. the buttons all work great and if anything, the power on/off button seems to work even better. very solid case. sorry to hear youre having problems with the seido...

Mophomania

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
Glad I'm not the only one having this issue. Kept thinking my phone was defective until I finally took the cover off and the shutter button worked just fine. Guess I'll have to live with it till my TPU case gets here. Love the surface case, but the seam kinda bothers me a little, and the fact the shutter button is rendered unusable. Oh well. Maybe they'll see this and fix it soon with a lower half replacement for us first batch purchasers.

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site
Same thing as mine. Push it together tight and it seems to wear in a bit. I hated it at first but i'm getting use to it.

The design is not what i'm quite use to with Otterbox cases. They seem so polished and exact. This one is, well not as well made but still looking nice.

I got the blue one :) and Otter posted theirs is now for sale wtf lol

a22matic

May 10, 2012
Visit site
I think the Seidio case is too slippery, so I stopped using it. Loved the compact design. It was real sleek, but... I've been using a TPU case, which I'm loving. It has excellent grip, & I have not once accidentally activated the camera button like I was doing endlessly with the Seidio case. I was concerned about the power, volume, & camera keys being uncovered, but that was for not.

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site
Well so far i like the surface case. I like how sleek it is and how easy it is to put on and take off if needed.

My complaint's are the camera button and the power button. Ones to hard and the other to easy. The volume also seems to press very easy and i find myself turning my phone down by accident a lot lol

All that i can live with because its minor to me but 2 issues i cant. The headphone jack hold is not big enough for my cable in my car so it wont make a good connection. Most of all though is it dont seem to be shock absorbent at all.

What i mean is this, my commuter case from Otter is a 2 part case with a gel cover and a hard plastic cover so if you drop it the gel acts as a buffer or shock absorber. The Seidio only has a felt lining.

I'll be buying the commuter case even though i do really like the look of the surface case.

Sh3ngLong

May 16, 2010
Visit site
My black Seidio Surface case finally arrived today and I too have the same issue with the camera button. If I barely put pressure anywhere on the right side of the case, the camera launches and sometimes it'll go through it's rapid fire camera shots. It got annoying so I removed it. I'll be contacting Seidio for an RMA.

I was also surprised that this case is slippery. My previous Seidio case for my OG EVO was really grippy.

I got the TPU case coming in tomorrow, so hopefully that's more grippy. That case at least has a cut out for the camera button. I hope Seidio does the same for their "fixed" version.

anon(498949)

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
I sent an email earlier today on this, but haven't heard back yet. I hope they don't expect us to send our cases back before they send us new ones...

When I talked to them, I was told that since I had just purchased the case, they would send a replacement before I returned mine and that if they needed mine back, they would send a return label. Of course, I then had to fill out an RMA form online, which may (probably?) will be process by somebody else, so we will see. I am hoping they can get this sorted out. Frankly, at $30, the case is kind of pricey for what it is so I am hoping they whatever process they come up with, it is fast and requires minimum effort from me. In the meantime, I am thinking to get a diztronic case to try out. I Like the look of if and, at < $10 (i.e. less than 1/3 the seidio price), if I don't like it, it is no big loss.

In summary, I think that the case puts way too much pressure on the buttons and, as such, is probably not a very good design..... which is a bit of a let down considering Seidio are well know for their cases.

p.s. Now that I think about, the case is pretty slick..... something a bit more "sticky" would be nicer.

a22matic

May 10, 2012
Visit site
SH3nglong

Yep, I said the same thing man (read my prior post). I kept activating the camera w/o trying. I also had the volume issue. The main problem I had was the case is just TOO slippery. I'm afraid the phone's gonna slip right out my hand. I only had it on for 2 1/2 days b/f my Diztronic TPU arrived in the mail. I haven't activated the camera/volume buttons/or power button ONCE since the change!

Sh3ngLong

May 16, 2010
Visit site
SH3nglong

Yep, I said the same thing man (read my prior post). I kept activating the camera w/o trying. I also had the volume issue. The main problem I had was the case is just TOO slippery. I'm afraid the phone's gonna slip right out my hand. I only had it on for 2 1/2 days b/f my Diztronic TPU arrived in the mail. I haven't activated the camera/volume buttons/or power button ONCE since the change!

Yup, you're the reason why I decided to order the TPU case. :) If you're liking it, I'm sure I'll like it too. As long as it's more grippy than the Surface case, it doesn't push down any buttons, and fits in the Sprint car dock like you said in the other thread, then I should be a happy camper.

When I sent Seidio an email, I also asked them if they can make their cases more grippy like my old Surface case I had for the OG EVO. Still waiting for a reply from them.

MexRex

May 26, 2012
Visit site
I have the case. Same issue and this is what I did to fix it. I noticed some of the scratch resistant material was also on the camera button part of the case. I cut that out. Then I poked the camera button on the case from inside out so to bend the notch out a little. Problem solved. Also make sure to slide the two case pieces together tightly as it seems if it sticks out a little it will hit the camera button.

Did you guys try what I did? It's working for me so far. I'm not sure returning the case for another one will fix the issue. It seems like it's a design flaw.

anon(498949)

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
Did you guys try what I did? It's working for me so far. I'm not sure returning the case for another one will fix the issue. It seems like it's a design flaw.
I agree it seems like a design flaw, which is kind of disappointing. I also agree that your solution is likely to relieve the problem (looking at mine I came to the same conclusion). However, it will undoubtedly void the warranty and I am guessing I am not the only coward :). Besides, part of me feels that when I pay the premium for a well known name, what I am paying for is something that works out of the box or the company will fix it......or I will take it as a learning opportunity and not buy from them again....ever :).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12