Tweaks/Apps, what have you done?

LoWw

Mar 5, 2011
Visit site
I thought this would be a good thread for those of us that were rooted and now are stuck on a stock ROM device with limited options. What tweaks/apps have you added to your LTE to give yourself a better experience or comfort.

KMachine

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site
Rooted with Titanium Backup. I installed Wireless Tether and got it setup working, but it is basically worthless until they turn on LTE in Kansas City. But I am backed up and ready to tether when they do!!

LoWw

Mar 5, 2011
Visit site
Hate the limitation on the stock SMS. I installed GO SMS Pro and Handcent. GO SMS Pro doesn't want to overide the lockscreen and show the popup message box. So I might have to go with Handcent? Not sure if I'm going to keep the stock lockscreen either, not really a fan of the ring. Also thinking about installing 3rd party launcher, not sure just yet.:cool:

KMachine

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site
How did you get it working? I rooted too but it doesn't seem to be working.

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

I used the Market, errr Play Store, version of WiFi Tether and I can connect successfully with my Galaxy Tab. Encryption is the only thing that does seem to startup successfully - I might check out the other versions from the Project pages but again, no hurry with no LTE in Kansas City yet.

sfrrr

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Oy! Now I see I've put this in the wrong thread. HOW DO I MOVE IT?

I apologize for invading an EVO forum while carrying a Galaxy S 2, but I have a Tasker question.

In the past, I've used SBSH's phoneWeaver To set up profiles that
turned on GPS and WI-fi, launched my navigation program, and presented me with a specific map. I also made a few other lovely profiles with Phone Weaver to automate my phone life. I highly recommend that app. But I couldn't figure out a profile that, at, say, 8 am,
will bring up a page or window with one different slogan everyday. The slogans are now in a list in text format, but I can convert it if necessary.

Now, I'm thinking of trying Tasker. But I still can't figure it out. Anyone have any ideas about how to do it? Or a better way? The Tasker Forum is useless and moribund.

Thank you,

Sandra

Last edited: