Light leak from home button? (Pic inside)

mikep7779

May 13, 2012
Visit site
Hi all, I searched the forum but found nothing directly regarding the evo 4g lte.

When I view my screen in a dark room the amount of light leak from the home button is insane, ill attach a picture to show it. I've called sprint and they offered to exchange it, however before I go through the trouble I want to make sure that its just me.

The picture wasn't even taken in a fully dark room. I really only notice it on a black picture/part of movie.

Let me know if any of your evos suffer from this.

taylorz_412

Aug 28, 2011
Visit site
Hi all, I searched the forum but found nothing directly regarding the evo 4g lte.

When I view my screen in a dark room the amount of light leak from the home button is insane, ill attach a picture to show it. I've called sprint and they offered to exchange it, however before I go through the trouble I want to make sure that its just me.

The picture wasn't even taken in a fully dark room. I really only notice it on a black picture/part of movie.

Let me know if any of your evos suffer from this.

My htc rezound had something like this only it was much smaller and could only see it in the dark I would wait out to see if others have the same thing before considering an exchange

Sent from my iPad HD! using Tapatalk

EeJLP-

May 25, 2012
Visit site
No leakage on my EVO LTE...

My original EVO 4G has a bunch on all 4 buttons if you're looking down at them. It also has a thin line of leakage under the home button where the glass comes into contact with the phone's plastic edge... but again, luckily there's absolutely zero leakage on my EVO 4G LTE.

Tested with a completely black screen and the buttons lit up.. it's perfectly flush, unlike the original EVO.

Philosuffer

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site
No leakage on my EVO LTE...

My original EVO 4G has a bunch on all 4 buttons if you're looking down at them. It also has a thin line of leakage under the home button where the glass comes into contact with the phone's plastic edge... but again, luckily there's absolutely zero leakage on my EVO 4G LTE.

Tested with a completely black screen and the buttons lit up.. it's perfectly flush, unlike the original EVO.

Thanks for feedback, going to take mine to a local Sprint store right now and see what they say. I wouldn't care as much if there was a way to disable the capacitive button lights, but the only way is probably via root.

PookiePrancer

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
Great. Light leak, c'mon HTC, have we learned nothing? I'll cry at the first "dust under glass" thread.

You would have thought. It's a shame people have to deal with the same issues over and over. That's what I hate about buying from some companies: every time you go buy one of their products, you feel like you're playing Russian Roulette with the quality of the device you'll get. And then, should you get one with an issue, what are you going to trade it for? Light leak for non-focusing camera? Light leak for bad antennas? Light leak for more light leak?

But I keep going back, because when you score a keeper...oooooooh...

rajamahal

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
Yeah don't have the issue here. Does look pretty bad though. Glad they'll replace. Did get the wrong EVOLTE in the box (different serial eveything) so I have to get a replacement for that.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante