Anybody root and tether yet? Impressions?

Fubie

May 12, 2010
Visit site
Rooted last night as well. Wifi tether was installed first and Titanium Backup Pro second. Awesome

Paladin

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I was actually going to start a Wi-Fi thread. Myself and a few others cannot seem to get tethering to work after rooting. The rooting went well as far as I cold tell and other apps that require rooting seem to work fine.

The Evo is sending the signal out and is seen. I just cannot connect to it. My iPad, which is very good at auto-connecting, just tells me connection failed. My laptop and CM7-Nook Color just do not connect at all. I have tried with and without encryption and have tried two different programs. I even restored Wireless tether from a TB backup so all access settings were the same as on my old Evo which worked fine.

Any other ideas?

krcm0209

May 11, 2012
Visit site
For Wireless Tether. change device profile to generic ics in settings.

Thanks, that fixed my problem! I was having the same problem as the guy above.

So now, my settings in Wifi Tether are:
Device Profile: Generic ICS
Setup Method: Auto
WiFi Encryption: Enabled
Channel: 1
WiFi driver reload: Enabled
Routing fix: Enabled

EDIT: This post was made using a wifi tether connection from my EVOLTE.

cdcellular

May 17, 2012
Visit site
Can't use Wireless Tether then (no biggie) but WiFi Tether works great once I did that! Awesome man, THANKS!!! Who would have thought of that. i:Di

For wireless tether I changed the profile to Samsung galaxy cdma/LTE and its works. Also enable mms and router fix

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

woedee

Dec 24, 2010
Visit site
Although wifi tethering works fine, I can't seem to tether via bluetooth; I've tried using BlueDun, FoxFi, and even the built-in Bluetooth tethering option (settings>wireless & netowrks>more>Sprint hotspot & tethering>Bluetooth tethering) and nothing seems to work. I really need to tether via bt as my vehicles' infotainment system relies on BT DUN profile for wireless connectivity (no wifi). Has anyone been successful in tethering via bt, & if so, how?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2