ATT HTC One X or EVO 4G LTE???

Rafaelcab

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
I am in a conundrum and maybe the android community can help. I currently have the AT&T HTC One X and am still under my 14 day return period. Should I leave AT&T for Sprint and activate the EVO 4G LTE that i currently have or stick with AT&T?

I love Sprints pricing point and unlimited data but its dreadfully slow. AT&T's data is amazingly quick but is a little more expensive and is capped. Definitely stuck......

EeJLP-

May 25, 2012
Visit site
I am in a conundrum and maybe the android community can help. I currently have the AT&T HTC One X and am still under my 14 day return period. Should I leave AT&T for Sprint and activate the EVO 4G LTE that i currently have or stick with AT&T?

I love Sprints pricing point and unlimited data but its dreadfully slow. AT&T's data is amazingly quick but is a little more expensive and is capped. Definitely stuck......

EVO - kickstand, physical camera button, microSD slot, less expensive per month, unlimited data, other minor differences. I don't see any advantages in getting the One X over the EVO LTE.

Mercury81

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
EVO - kickstand, physical camera button, microSD slot, less expensive per month, unlimited data, other minor differences. I don't see any advantages in getting the One X over the EVO LTE.

How's the signal with AT&T Sprint has lots of dropped calls.... Just saying.:):D

sent from Evo4G using Tapatalk 2

abhijit1289

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site

How about the fact that sprints 4g lte network is not even active yet.
Also, imo one x looks better but that's no biggie.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site
Well being a Sprint forum i think you'll find a lot of people who will say the Evo :)

I been with Sprint for a long time and i for one like a lot of things about them hence why i am still here. Data is slower than it could be but call quality, reception, customer service (for me) pricing, and unlimited date. I've had months where i hit 30 gig's of date while tethered via pdanet and i never heard a word about it.

Now about the phone. Well i can honestly say there's not an equal on the market right now. So far (2 days) I have only one complaint and thats the menu button was removed...thats it.

Everything about this phone impresses me from design to functionality.

The big question is can you get your hands on one? If your up in the air about what to do you could always return your X and test drive the Evolte for 14 days too. Then you could better answer this question for yourself.

My personal opinion is get the Evo :)

EeJLP-

May 25, 2012
Visit site

I use 3g (can still stream TV, music, youtube, etc.) and wifi at my house.. if 4g is an issue for you, then good point, but you should be able to do everything on 3g anyway.

I'd still rather have the microSD slot, kickstand and camera button... and pay less per month.

Rafaelcab

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
Well being a Sprint forum i think you'll find a lot of people who will say the Evo :)

I been with Sprint for a long time and i for one like a lot of things about them hence why i am still here. Data is slower than it could be but call quality, reception, customer service (for me) pricing, and unlimited date. I've had months where i hit 30 gig's of date while tethered via pdanet and i never heard a word about it.

Now about the phone. Well i can honestly say there's not an equal on the market right now. So far (2 days) I have only one complaint and thats the menu button was removed...thats it.

Everything about this phone impresses me from design to functionalit

The big question is can you get your hands on one? If your up in the air about what to do you could always return your X and test drive the Evolte for 14 days too. Then you could better answer this question for yourself.

My personal opinion is get the Evo :)

I have been with sprint for six years up until last friday when i left for AT&T. Before leaving i reserved the EVO 4G LTE and it finally came in in the mail yesterday so i have it.

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site
Nice, so you have both the X and the Evo. You are one lucky duck lol

So next we'll be asking your opinion :D

So far i put 8 gig of music and movies on my phone (doughter watches them in the car) so i have to have the sd card. 2 good phones no matter which you choose.

Let us know

Rafaelcab

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
Nice, so you have both the X and the Evo. You are one lucky duck lol

So next we'll be asking your opinion :D

So far i put 8 gig of music and movies on my phone (doughter watches them in the car) so i have to have the sd card. 2 good phones no matter which you choose.

Let us know

The one X thus far has been awesome. The battery life is pretty good and in my opinion the design of the one X is way much better than the EVO LTE. What i will give the EVO LTE is that it isn't as wide and a little nicer feel in the hand. As for the SD card slot i do wish i had it seeing how i have a 32gb micro sd card filled with music from my previous phone (Photon 4G) but im still rocking around my Zune HD and im to attached to the Zune software to give it up, so i can live without the slot for now (If only Microsoft created a Zune app in the marketplace then i would be in heaven, wishful thinking i know). Being with sprint so long i will say this jumping to at&t not unlimited plan has me consistently checking my data usage through out the day and its messing with my mind haha. the past three months of bills from sprint show that i never went over 1GB (i blame this on there slow data speeds and just giving up on waiting for something to load) so i need to get over my insomnia.

Paladin

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Okay this is rather easy really.
Obviously you have two things to consider. The phone itself and the service.
----------------------------------
The phone.
This is going to be a biased point of view because we own the LTE so...

IMHO the Evo LTE is better than the X One from what I have read about them. For me it is mainly the Micro SD slot. We have 2 GB of app storage but the phone has another 12 GB to move apps to like we used to do on the old Evo to just the SD card. This frees up even more room on an additional 32GB card that I can put movies, music, tons of books (large PDF's even) and whatever I want. So basically I have 44GB between the 12GB internal and 32Gb card. That is a lot of storage. You could also swap SD cards if you really had to. It is rather easy to get to the SD slot on this one. I LOVE having an SD slot! The camera on this is AWESOME. unsure about the X One here so...

This phone is slim, fast and has a gorgeous screen. I look at people iPhones and think man is that small, how can you use that thing. So far this phone beats the living crap out of an iPhone. I am talking beat down, kicking it in the gut while it squirms in the dirt better.
I would easily bet that the next iPhone will have a larger screen. They have to to compete now. Apple is behind.

I only have one complaint about the EVO LTE so far and that is having the damn USB connector on the side. I much prefer it on the bottom but that is all personal opinion and does not take away from the phone.

I have not played with an X One but not read about any advantages over the LTE. The LTE seems equal or better in every area.

So you first have to decide which phone you prefer. If it is truly a toss up then only go by the service. So far for me +1 Sprint/LTE
-----------------------------------
Service.
This is important. There are three things to consider here. Coverage, price and speed.

Coverage:
If your area has ty Sprint coverage then you probably want to go with AT&T. I personally hate AT&T and would rather go Verizon if I had to choose something other than Sprint. I LOVE Sprint though and will be a member for life unless they start pissing around with the data plans or I travel and need better coverage. So far Sprint is WAY ahead of the others for me at least.

If you have a good/equal Sprint area then +1 for Sprint. If you travel or move from one coverage area to the next and need better +1 Verizon. :)

Speed:
AT&T beats Sprint hands down here until Sprint's LTE service kicks in. I never really used the 4G option on my Evo. It sucked battery worse than anything. I personally never had any issues on plain old 3G. It is speedy enough for my normal phone usage and even when tethering my laptop web pages load just fine. I do not download large files or play a lot of video when I tether so...

+1 AT&T here overall because you simply cannot compare until Sprint's LTE kicks in. IF it ever does.

Price:
Hell we all know that Sprint kicks everyone ass here. So far customer service has been great for me. My coverage is fine so no extra roaming charges or problems for me.

If you use a lot of data then Sprint wins hands down as the others will just keep charging you.

If you only use a "normal" (under 2GB/month) amount of data and don't mind paying more each month then AT&T would be okay but it still looses simply because the plans on Sprint are much better!

+1 Sprint

BTW I have NEVER had even one call drop due to my end on Sprint. I talk to a friend most mornings as we both drive to work and he has AT&T and his calls are always having issues. I know it is not me because sometimes I am sitting still while he is moving in his car.

I also park in an underground garage surrounded in cement. I still get a full signal even at the bottom of the garage!

So go down the list and check off what is important to you and you will have your answer.

Last edited:

NicksGarage

May 18, 2010
Visit site
Do you live inside a tower?:D

Maybe where you're at it's a problem. The only times I have dropped calls on my EVO is when I'm talking to my friends with ATT phones.

Just comparing devices, I'm loving the EVOLTE. While the One X looks nicer I don't think the screen design is practical for me and I wouldn't even buy it with only 16gb.

Mercury81

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
Maybe where you're at it's a problem. The only times I have dropped calls on my EVO is when I'm talking to my friends with ATT phones.

Just comparing devices, I'm loving the EVOLTE. While the One X looks nicer I don't think the screen design is practical for me and I wouldn't even buy it with only 16gb.

I'm happy to see you live in an area she you have a good signal. Like I did many times over the past few years sprint keeps giving me a new phone and denies that its the signal that is thie the problem. I've had more dropped calls with Sprint at least two the per week . Thanks for your reply and good luck with the service you have.:rolleyes:

Rafaelcab

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
Okay this is rather easy really.
Obviously you have two things to consider. The phone itself and the service.
----------------------------------
The phone.
This is going to be a biased point of view because we own the LTE so...

IMHO the Evo LTE is better than the X One from what I have read about them. For me it is mainly the Micro SD slot. We have 2 GB of app storage but the phone has another 12 GB to move apps to like we used to do on the old Evo to just the SD card. This frees up even more room on an additional 32GB card that I can put movies, music, tons of books (large PDF's even) and whatever I want. So basically I have 44GB between the 12GB internal and 32Gb card. That is a lot of storage. You could also swap SD cards if you really had to. It is rather easy to get to the SD slot on this one. I LOVE having an SD slot! The camera on this is AWESOME. unsure about the X One here so...

This phone is slim, fast and has a gorgeous screen. I look at people iPhones and think man is that small, how can you use that thing. So far this phone beats the living crap out of an iPhone. I am talking beat down, kicking it in the gut while it squirms in the dirt better.
I would easily bet that the next iPhone will have a larger screen. They have to to compete now. Apple is behind.

I only have one complaint about the EVO LTE so far and that is having the damn USB connector on the side. I much prefer it on the bottom but that is all personal opinion and does not take away from the phone.

I have not played with an X One but not read about any advantages over the LTE. The LTE seems equal or better in every area.

So you first have to decide which phone you prefer. If it is truly a toss up then only go by the service. So far for me +1 Sprint/LTE
-----------------------------------
Service.
This is important. There are three things to consider here. Coverage, price and speed.

Coverage:
If your area has ty Sprint coverage then you probably want to go with AT&T. I personally hate AT&T and would rather go Verizon if I had to choose something other than Sprint. I LOVE Sprint though and will be a member for life unless they start pissing around with the data plans or I travel and need better coverage. So far Sprint is WAY ahead of the others for me at least.

If you have a good/equal Sprint area then +1 for Sprint. If you travel or move from one coverage area to the next and need better +1 Verizon. :)

Speed:
AT&T beats Sprint hands down here until Sprint's LTE service kicks in. I never really used the 4G option on my Evo. It sucked battery worse than anything. I personally never had any issues on plain old 3G. It is speedy enough for my normal phone usage and even when tethering my laptop web pages load just fine. I do not download large files or play a lot of video when I tether so...

+1 AT&T here overall because you simply cannot compare until Sprint's LTE kicks in. IF it ever does.

Price:
Hell we all know that Sprint kicks everyone ass here. So far customer service has been great for me. My coverage is fine so no extra roaming charges or problems for me.

If you use a lot of data then Sprint wins hands down as the others will just keep charging you.

If you only use a "normal" (under 2GB/month) amount of data and don't mind paying more each month then AT&T would be okay but it still looses simply because the plans on Sprint are much better!

+1 Sprint

BTW I have NEVER had even one call drop due to my end on Sprint. I talk to a friend most mornings as we both drive to work and he has AT&T and his calls are always having issues. I know it is not me because sometimes I am sitting still while he is moving in his car.

I also park in an underground garage surrounded in cement. I still get a full signal even at the bottom of the garage!

So go down the list and check off what is important to you and you will have your answer.

Great points and without a doubt will consider it....Im thinking stay with At&t for a year and once Network Vision comes to SLC come back to sprint. :)

Mellimel22

Banned
Mar 1, 2012
Visit site

Correction sprints lte isn't active every where but in a couple places yeah

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2

Judacles

May 12, 2012
Visit site
I've never had any issues with dropped calls here and 3g speed is usually pretty decent, but I live in the middle of Seattle where Sprint coverage is known to be pretty good. We've also supposed to be among the first cities in the second wave of LTE rollout, so I'm probably just looking at a few months before I have good LTE service. So the choice is a no-brainer for me.

Take a look at S4GRU and see if they have any info on the 4g rollout in your area. If it is coming soon for you, I think the much better plans, the unlimited data and the decent customer service are well worth slogging through 3g for a few months.

Sent from my EVO

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParkerAdams