Getting feedback to HTC

midmofan

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
I tried to join the HTC "community."

https://eclub.htc.com/us/community/

Looks like their site is having technical difficulties at this time. One interesting thing is if you do a search for "sense loading" you come up with a number of threads all of which no longer exist.
I was able to look up a number of the threads and they all said "no longer exist." Now I can't even see that as it says access denied.

In any case, here is their facebook page that, at one point, it is suggested you go to if cannot post on the community site

https://www.facebook.com/htcusa

I would think polite posts about the multitasking failure and sense reloading would be greatly appreciated by the corporation....

Reactions: cloak.n.dagger

cloak.n.dagger

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
I sent them a tweet via @htc on Twitter. They haven't responded to my tweet just yet. Hoping others will join in on this. The multitasking will drive me to root and ROM if they don't fix it. Really, it's my only major complaint with the phone so far.

kbp08tls

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site
I sent them a tweet via @htc on Twitter. They haven't responded to my tweet just yet. Hoping others will join in on this. The multitasking will drive me to root and ROM if they don't fix it. Really, it's my only major complaint with the phone so far.

Same here. It's a fantastic piece of hardware that just needs a couple of tweaks with the software to be absolutely perfect. That said, I'm already rooted, unlocked, and have CWM recovery in anticipation of some great ROMs if HTC/Sprint don't fix Sense with an OTA very soon.

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
But there's nothing wrong with multitasking. As stated u don't like how a company does it software then flash your own version

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

midmofan

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
But there's nothing wrong with multitasking. As stated u don't like how a company does it software then flash your own version

"Wrong" is a subjective term. It is more accurate to say that nothing is "broken" with the multitasking because it is how HTC designed it. It was their decision. For a number of us, however, that decision was defiantly "wrong." HTC said in one of their releases they continue to look to make the customer experience better, so they need to be told how people feel about the issue.

Reactions: cloak.n.dagger

cloak.n.dagger

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site

Have you used it yet and experienced the "refreshing" issue? Just wait until you type up a full page email, switch over to respond to a txt mssg, then some back to the email app to find that your one page email is gone! I call that "broken" multitasking, but that's just me and my opinion.

Phil Nickinson

Android Central Editor Emeritus
Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
I'd also recommend leaving posts here. I've bookmarked this thread and will keep up with it. You want HTC to hear your thoughts, this is a better place than most to do it.

FWIW, I'm still back and forth on this one. (Never mind what some people might say.) Some apps seem to get killed off quicker than others. Can't tell if it's because there's something weird with the app (some are jankier than others anyway), or if it's the minfree settings. Sometimes it's a huge pain. Other times it's just fine.

jem286

Apr 11, 2012
Visit site
as with the multitasking problem Ive read that htc released a ota for the eu one x that has greatly help with the issue and hopefully they will bring it to the us variants using the s4 chipsets.

midmofan

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
well, two issues here. As for multitasking, it working the way they want, just a lot if us hate it. As for the constant "loading" of sense, this is a problem that has been an issue with HTC phones for about a year. There were number of complaint threads on the HTC community forums (since deleted ) and at least one surviving in the sprint forum.

these do seem to be the two main issues causing people concern, so this is as good a place as any to aggregate the comments.

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
But what is sad you are the 1% who knows what u had. The other 99% wouldn't know or care there's a difference. To me it sounds like a make over of there os/skin which is time consuming and ore testing and unwarranted cost.
"Wrong" is a subjective term. It is more accurate to say that nothing is "broken" with the multitasking because it is how HTC designed it. It was their decision. For a number of us, however, that decision was defiantly "wrong." HTC said in one of their releases they continue to look to make the customer experience better, so they need to be told how people feel about the issue.

Hurleygm

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site

How did you word your tweet?

BTW I don't have the sense loading issues at all and have been using my phone non-stop since Thursday.

Sent from my HTC EVO 4G LTE using Tapatalk.