64 GB microSD for EVO LTE

Zach_AC

Mar 18, 2012
Visit site
SanDisk - Mobile Ultra 64GB microSDXC Class 6 Memory Card - SDSDQY-064G-A11A

So I'm not familiar with class and types of microSD cards. Right now I have just an 8GB from my OG Evo in my Evo LTE. Will this microSD card work for those that have tried it and if so, is there anything I need do so that this microSD works?

Its on sale and it seems pretty good for the price. I just don't want to buy it and then not have it work or not know how/if I need to format it or something!

mrbuddy

Apr 15, 2012
Visit site
I've read that you should format the card in the phone to increase your odds of success. I haven't seen a solid yes/no answer to this question.

KoukiFC3S

Oct 9, 2009
Visit site
It will work. All you have to do is format it from the phone the first time you insert it.
6cdcdc55-3a40-931b.jpg

Sent from my EVO LTE

Reactions: fubarsport

gmtom1

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Yes, it works. Bought the same card and the phone asked me to format/erase it once I inserted it for the first time. Keep in mind that Windows will not recognize the format once you do it, so you'll need to do all your file transfers via usb cable or using a mac.

Also, you might want to consider what you're going to use all that space for. Pictures & music will work ok, but google music cannot save music offline to the external SD, and most apps cannot be moved to the external sd either. I bought mine thinking I could have google music put all my music offline on the external sd. (search & see the various threads).

a22matic

May 10, 2012
Visit site
Yes, it will work. I bought mine a few weeks back, & used it in my OG EVO until I got the EVO LTE. Works flawlessly... I put as much on it as I can, b/c I want t keep the phone memory free & clear.

IRBanite

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
When you insert it for the first time, do you power down first, insert and boot back up or just insert while phone is on and it will recognize it and ask you to format it? Thanks

jcthorne#AC

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
Does the 4GLTE still have the 2GB file size limit? (not big enough for HD movies)

Could really use the storage for a few shows/flics when traveling.

dre22era

May 25, 2012
Visit site
It does not. You have about 10 GB storage available on the phone, plus 25 GB storage with Dropbox so they figured they didn't need to provide one.
Thanks for the heads up
without even thinking about it I took my SD Card out my 3D and put it in this phone to retrieve my photos and thought I may have lost the new SD card for the LTE when I couldn't find one.

Anthonicia

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
Could've sworn I had movies over 2gb on my og EVO. It was rooted however. Have to try it out.

Also, for those that don't know. Class 10 is the highest class atm. It refers to the read/write speed. Class 4-6 should be sufficient on some better sd cards since they often surpass their rated speeds up to and beyond class 10.

Sent from OG EVO LTE with Android Central Forums

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals37