Manually pull up keyboard

NJevo

May 26, 2012
Visit site
With my OGevo, if I held the menu button for a few seconds the keyboard would pop up allowing me to write in text boxes when the phone didn't automatically recognize them. I can't seem to find how to do the same with the LTE. anyone know?? Thanks!

NJevo

May 26, 2012
Visit site
I appreciate the reply but as I said in my OP, sometimes the phone doesn't recognize text boxes on certain sites and forums, where I used to be able to hold the menu button on the OG EVO to pull up the keyboard. Thanks anyway

Mikey47

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I appreciate the reply but as I said in my OP, sometimes the phone doesn't recognize text boxes on certain sites and forums, where I used to be able to hold the menu button on the OG EVO to pull up the keyboard. Thanks anyway

Hmm, which ones? My OG EVO and my EVO LTE have not met a textbox yet that the keyboard doesn't pop up in.

Starfleet Captain

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
Actually, I HAVE ran into such problems with both my phone and tablet. I would recommend trying to view the mobile version of the site (if one exists) because often times there is a problem with the coding and the mobile browser can't handle it. If that is not an option, try downloading a different browser and visiting the site on that one. I here Chrome browser is fantastic. I haven't had the opportunity to try it since I am still stuck on Gingerbread with the Evo 3D! :-(

NJevo

May 26, 2012
Visit site
One forum it always happens on is the Forza Motorsport forum. I play a lot of Forza 4 on Xbox and frequent the forums. When posting Threads or replys, for some reason phones wont pick up the text box. i have to press the text box where it highlights for a quick second, the keyboard does not appear though. I had to long press the menu button and the keyboard would appear and i could type.

has happened on a few other sites, but as i said i frequent FM.net so this is what sticks out to me. was hoping i didnt have to download an app or anything.