Set current time?

mikehoff99

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site
I got it every time I would get into my house. I have an airave. Maybe that had something to do with it. I got it to stop by going into settings, date/time. I unchecked the use network time box. Has not happened since

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

mggm100

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
I've gotten it twice today. I am traveling on a train. Each time the notification came we had moved from an area of no signal into an area with signal.

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

tom49058

May 15, 2012
Visit site
Me too... Although I was traveling between states a couple of times over the weekend, so I assumed it just wasn't handling change of networks all that well.

EeJLP-

May 25, 2012
Visit site
For me it seemed to be linked to roaming. We have unlimited free roaming anyway, so turn off your roaming notifications. I haven't gotten that message (or roaming messages obviously) since.

Setting > Mobile network > Roaming Guards > uncheck all of them

Fubie

May 12, 2010
Visit site
Great except I'm no where near an international boarder so why worry about international notifications?

Another Sprint wonder?

Sent from my LTEVO using Tapatalk 2

ERicJ

Jun 6, 2012
Visit site
Same problem for me. I'm in Central time and the phone current time will be correct. Then I'll get the pop-up and if I select Central time zone the time moves back an hour to be incorrect. Then 10 minutes or so later it corrects itself.

Mastertech

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
I have this issue as well, and in my searching the internet about this problem I found a thread on another Android forum that HTC told a guy this is a known problem and the only way it will get fixed is with an OTA update.

Who knows for sure.

domo22

Jun 23, 2011
Visit site
Mine pops up occasionally but it really doesn't bother me. Once a day maybe isn't something im going to worry about.

stlevouser

Jul 28, 2010
Visit site
Same problem for me. I'm in Central time and the phone current time will be correct. Then I'll get the pop-up and if I select Central time zone the time moves back an hour to be incorrect. Then 10 minutes or so later it corrects itself.

I have the same problem. Not the end of the world, but annoying. I'll try and turn off the auto time zone setting someone else mentioned.

blorgon

May 25, 2012
Visit site
I've been getting this too, so I checked over on Sprint's forums. Someone suggested letting your battery drain completely, then recharging. They said that fixed it for them.
That sounds a lot like what a battery pull does, so I decided to try the simulated battery pull by holding the power button for 10 seconds instead. I just did it, so I can't say if it fixed the problem, but the notification is gone. Also, a problem I had with the weather widget just displaying "current location" instead of the name of the city I'm currently in appears to have been fixed, so at least the "battery pull" seems to have fixed something.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samyblaze