So... foxfi works on the Evo

dwightshrute

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
just downloaded the apk and installed it without a hitch! as for the security issues mentioned, how/why is there an issue if the app or the addition of the foxfi add-on in the play store lets you use wpa2 password protection for your connection in addition to being able to change the name of your hotspot?

Reactions: johnnystyle757

Glenn

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
Im getting the same message too, tried two version, like the 1.90 with the same results for each... maybe i missed the flight :-(
WFM... I updated to 1.90 today and tried it. Still works as before--Regardless of what SSID and password I enter for FoxFi, my computer only sees "AndroidAP" as the SSID, with no security encryption enabled.

kronosqq

Apr 19, 2012
Visit site
Downloaded it and when I turn on WiFi hotspot it turns on my WiFi and uses that.

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

I'm having the same issue, what's weird is that for me it works with 3g when I first use foxfi, but when I just tried again now it's activating WiFi. Same thing happened the first time I tried foxfi last week. It's not a data and cache clearing issue as I just went into app settings and cleared all that out. Anybody having similar issues on the second use.

t0mb3rt

May 30, 2012
Visit site
Tried installing the .apk from the website and I get to where it asks me "Do you want to install this application?" with "Cancel" and "Install" down at the bottom... it won't even let me click "Install". Absolutely nothing happens. If I hit "Cancel" it backs out of the installation process but "Install" does nothing.

thenameisnigel

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
Tried installing the .apk from the website and I get to where it asks me "Do you want to install this application?" with "Cancel" and "Install" down at the bottom... it won't even let me click "Install". Absolutely nothing happens. If I hit "Cancel" it backs out of the installation process but "Install" does nothing.

Sounds like a problem with Package Installer. Just reboot!

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums

chingwodapigu

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I'm having the same issue, what's weird is that for me it works with 3g when I first use foxfi, but when I just tried again now it's activating WiFi. Same thing happened the first time I tried foxfi last week. It's not a data and cache clearing issue as I just went into app settings and cleared all that out. Anybody having similar issues on the second use.

Same issue here with the wifi starting when i turn on the foxfi hotspot after the first use...and when i turn off wifi, the hotspot shuts off.

digink#AC

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Where can I get foxfi from id love to have it before a trip and I dont want to root yet. Can someone pm the apk to me?

geauxlsutigers

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Same issue here with the wifi starting when i turn on the foxfi hotspot after the first use...and when i turn off wifi, the hotspot shuts off.

Alright, something weird is going on here. FoxFi worked perfectly with my Photon and Epic 4G Touch. What's the deal with HTC? I noticed they use a different / cstom version of Sprint Hotspot app, is this the issue? It seems like something was broken but there haven't been any updates to the EVO...I wonder if it will be blocked on the SGS3, I was convinced I was keeping the EVO but that may sway me.

kronosqq

Apr 19, 2012
Visit site
Not sure if I've fixed the issue where foxfi just turns WiFi on or not but I seem to have found a workaround at least. I just did a full restart and it's activating now using 3G instead of WiFi. If you've been having the same issue I'd recommend trying that.

kronosqq

Apr 19, 2012
Visit site
Not sure if I've fixed the issue where foxfi just turns WiFi on or not but I seem to have found a workaround at least. I just did a full restart and it's activating now using 3G instead of WiFi. If you've been having the same issue I'd recommend trying that.

Alright, well it's not a permanent fix as I just encountered the issue again (after a few hours) but the restart fix is still doing the trick for me.

htc evo 4g

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
So i heard about foxfi at work yesterday and i was curious so i downloaded it and have a question or two.

The device that wants to connect to my evo, does that particular device need to install a special plugin in order to use my phone as hotspot?

Also, what is bluetooth connection all about? b/c i see in the help that it gives me the option to connecting windows/mac/android table/ipad/etc.

thanks

BroadcastJunkie

May 17, 2011
Visit site
people please take not, that downloading apks with the stock browser isnt always the best bet. trying using firefox dolphin chrome, just anything but stock if you have issues downloading and installing the apk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bnutz