Buetooth remote control for camera

donntiger

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
http://www.androidcentral.com/use-your-bluetooth-headset-remote-camera-shutter-htc-one-series I remembered a article on AC about someone discovering that they could use their bluetooth headset as a remote control on a HTC One X. So I tried it on my EVO 4G LTE and it worked.Its a Plantronics Voyager Pro +. I press the Answer/disconnect button and when I release, it snaps a picture.I wonder if it is a software glitch?If it is a feature,I'm puzzled why its not advertised as such?I can definitely see the pervert class finding a use for it. :(

Last edited:

NicksGarage

May 18, 2010
Visit site
I doubt it's an intentional feature. If they intended to do it and it didn't work with every headset people would whine. If it's a glitch it might go away.

It kind of works with my Jabra BT8010 headset. I can snap a couple shots and then it stops working unless I restart the headset.

I use a remote on my Nikon for certain situations especially when using a tripod where I need to eliminate vibration. Not sure I need it with this.

BroadcastJunkie

May 17, 2011
Visit site
I must find my bluetooth headset to see if this works. seems it could come in handy. it has a kickstand so if you can find the proper prop to keep it up at the right spot, it might be a pretty good tripod with remote set up. with the hdr shots as well..

a22matic

May 10, 2012
Visit site
Wow, well I just tried it and it worked. I have a 2 yr old Jabra Extreme headset. I popped off about 7 shots w/no problems at all. Cool trick...

donntiger

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
Its a neat trick. Don't know if I have a use for it,but its still pretty cool. I just ordered this device online,where you can attach a tripod to your phone.I can see having a camera remote control being very useful then.Its called a Capta and it looks like you could use it for taking some great photos Capta | UDS Products

Last edited: