My EVO 4G LTE DIED STRIKE 3 And I am OUT

k000

May 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: My EVO 4G LTE DIED 2ND REPLACEMENT NEW HARDWARE VERSION FIXED

Nova> sense

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

I know this is off topic, but just asking it here in response tothis post...

I tried Nova on first Evo, but I fond it lacking in Widgets.

Looks like HTC Sense and many othe rwdgets taht show up with Sense are hidden from Nova ?

I missed these :
1. HTC Sense People Shortcut Wiget which has the 3 x 4 large people pics
2. Large Clock + Weather HTC widget - I never expected but I love the huge clock and weather combo..

How do you deal with these in Nova ?

jfenton

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site

Sad update.....the third one worked great since Saturday, this morning shut down on it's own, rebooted on it's own and got stuck in the HTV Quitely Brilliant boot svreen, vibrating it's head off. There was no way to shut it down and when I returned it to BB that way they admitted they had been having more returns for this issue than on any other cell launch they had ever had.

I really wanted this phone but as I use it for work, handle 20-45-calls a day and a ton of emails, it just wasn't meant to be I guess.

AlternetConcept

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
This happened how fast into having the phone? It sounds like it only worked for a couple of days before yours started malfunctioning..

It's really odd that this has happened to you on THREE phones!! Sorry to hear it.. hope nothing like this happens to me..

abdnach

Sep 27, 2010
Visit site
For me, I had this phone since Saturday and it stopped working Tuesday night!! Ugh... Best Buy and Sprint have no idea what's wrong with the phone and are willing to exchange it but I'm hoping to at least recover some data from it!! Any ideas guys??

Mercury81

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
Sounds environmental to me that you have the only three completely crashing phones consecutively.... Something external must be going on here.

sent from my Evo4LTE

abdnach

Sep 27, 2010
Visit site

Sad update.....the third one worked great since Saturday, this morning shut down on it's own, rebooted on it's own and got stuck in the HTV Quitely Brilliant boot svreen, vibrating it's head off. There was no way to shut it down and when I returned it to BB that way they admitted they had been having more returns for this issue than on any other cell launch they had ever had.

I really wanted this phone but as I use it for work, handle 20-45-calls a day and a ton of emails, it just wasn't meant to be I guess.

I have a theory as to the reasoning of what is going on but first a few questions...
Do you have a case on your phone? Which one?
Where are you located?
Where do you keep your phone? (shirt pocket, front pocket, back pocket, purse, murse, etc.)

Mercury81

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
I would like to ask "do you work around any type of machinery, like X-ray/MRI equipment ". which may instantly damage the phone when to close.

sent from my Evo4LTE

k000

May 12, 2012
Visit site
Sounds environmental to me that you have the only three completely crashing phones consecutively.... Something external must be going on here.

sent from my Evo4LTE

For once I agree with you dear Mercury :p

I ahd that theory when I saw you getting 2nd replacement. Some element in the phone is getting impacted by something but the phone...

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
Man and people complained about the Nexus at launch. Good God man!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Judynnnn

Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
I know this is off topic, but just asking it here in response tothis post...

I tried Nova on first Evo, but I fond it lacking in Widgets.

Looks like HTC Sense and many othe rwdgets taht show up with Sense are hidden from Nova ?

I missed these :
1. HTC Sense People Shortcut Wiget which has the 3 x 4 large people pics
2. Large Clock + Weather HTC widget - I never expected but I love the huge clock and weather combo..

How do you deal with these in Nova ?

The only widget I ever used was the calender and wifi ones, so it doesn't bother me. If I need weather I'll just open the app :p

Reactions: k000

k000

May 12, 2012
Visit site
The only widget I ever used was the calender and wifi ones, so it doesn't bother me. If I need weather I'll just open the app :p

Got it, but that is the beauty of Android over iOS (I know I am preaching the choir)... was wondering what else people use to replace the large clock+weateh radn the large contacts widgets.

I did like the speed of Nova, it was much much lighter and quick... Thanks for replying

RonD

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
Are you using something besides the stock charger. I had a third party charger that would make my OG EVO act up. Stopped using the charger and I had no problems. I think it was supplying a noisy or over voltage to the battery/charger.

k000

May 12, 2012
Visit site

ecoleye

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
Funny as I was looking at it on my Evo :)

Does the launcher come with teh BW.. ? Or do I install Launcher from Nova and BW for the widgets..

I thought they have weather/clock only.. do they have Contacts Widget too with the big beautiful contacts like HTC Evo's original one (one to the left of Home)

BW is separate from Nova.

They only have weather and clock widgets - no contact widgets that I'm aware of. However, I prefer to make direct dial shortcuts for my most used contacts and put them all in a folder on my homepage.

k000

May 12, 2012
Visit site
BW is separate from Nova.

They only have weather and clock widgets - no contact widgets that I'm aware of. However, I prefer to make direct dial shortcuts for my most used contacts and put them all in a folder on my homepage.

Thanks.. I am still getting used to the power of folders for shortcuts.. :)

jfenton

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
No case so that wsn't the issue.

I even brought a new car charger in case I was getting some weird voltage through that.

Best Buy flat out admitted I was the 7th person with issues and only the 2nd multiple issue customer BUT...4 of the others had gotten different phones instead of replacing theirs with another EVO LTE. Two other area best buys have both had returns for the same issue but one store only had one and another had two.

I'm 55 and have been using smart phones since there were smart phones. It wasn't user error, it wasn't environmental...it was a bad batch of phones all of which came from two different Best Buys which I don't think had anything to do with it.

First phone failed after 2 days, second after twenty minutes and the third and final ran perfectly from 10:00 AM last Saturday till mid morning today....so that's 5 days.

jfenton

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
Phone is either in my pants pocket, on my desk, on my nightstand, on my car seat or on the coffee table near the TV. Never in the sun so it's not getting warm and screwing up because of some externally induced heat issue.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21