Any evo lte owners in Houston?

anon(21918)

May 13, 2010
Visit site
I am seeing similar 3g speeds. These are 2x - 5x better than what I have been seeing over the past 3-4 weeks.

Now I am waiting on that LTE switch to be turned on.

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

darkleafar

Jun 10, 2012
Visit site
Data speeds suck. 3G keeps disconnecting, and Im getting dial up speeds at ALL times. Im in Southeast houston, but i go all over houston all the time. When I had my Evo 3D, my wife used to complain how My Evo 3D was much faster tham her I Phone even with 4g off. Now that I have the "LTE", my wife's I Phone is faster, This has got to be some kinda sin or something in the android community. Ridiculous.

creighton

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
Same lousy speeds here. Also in the southwest 'burbs so I guess no surprise. Would be nice to have a data connection that was actually usable.

monteevoss

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
Stopped by the sprint store today and the rep said lte would be up next week.tomorrow or next week I just want it to be turned on so I can finally see if it was worth the wait.

rockyjay

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Data speeds suck. 3G keeps disconnecting, and Im getting dial up speeds at ALL times. Im in Southeast houston, but i go all over houston all the time. When I had my Evo 3D, my wife used to complain how My Evo 3D was much faster tham her I Phone even with 4g off. Now that I have the "LTE", my wife's I Phone is faster, This has got to be some kinda sin or something in the android community. Ridiculous.

I think the issues with 3G disconnecting might be resolved with a phone call to sprint. Last night I called and they gave me some # # codes to type in and reset my Activation. It's one step more to updating your PRL and Profile. The 3G at least stays on now. I'll let you all know how today goes while I'm driving around.

creighton

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
At least we have a date now. Never had a firm date before as everything was just rumor. I guess July 15th is still middle of the year which is what we've always been told.

truthteller10

Banned
Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys,

On the site where the actually launch date is shown mentioned that the LTE will be at 40%..Does this mean that Houston and its surrounding areas may not be covered? What does 40% mean?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar