Messages "loading"

nikiva101

May 15, 2012
Visit site
Question:

Has anyone had this problem yet,

I noticed that when I go to my text messages and hit one, it says loading, but it will be "loading" more than 30 secs or wont load at all, has anyone had this problem or heard of it and what do I need to do about it?

thanks

ERicJ

Jun 6, 2012
Visit site
Any solution to this issue? I've got the same problem. The messages thread list shows up but getting the messages of any individual thread takes 2-3 MINUTES. It seems to be a phonebook/contacts issue because when you go into a thread it only shows the phone number digits not the contact name. If I try to start a new thread and type a contact name the auto look-up doesn't happen. Also, this lag is visible in the phone as well, go to "People" and the same "Loading..." screen sits there for 2-3 minutes.

My phone never did this initially, and seem to be happening more and more now (3-4 times per day).

No root, stock launcher. And I've tried deleting all the message threads, didn't help.

EDIT: to clarify, this is NOT the home screen loading lag.

Last edited:

TheCowboy38

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
I have had the same problem lately, also when I try to make a call, I press my speed dial and my phone take up a minute sometimes to start dialing the call, I have a Evo 4G lte by the way, and I too tried to reset, delete my phone to no avail. I wonder if it has anything to do with the recent update. Hopefully someone out there has a solution.

silverthornne

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
I have those same problems. There was a thread similar to this one in which many users mentioned that turning Facebook sync off solved their issue so you may want to try that. Didn't solve the problem on my case though as I'm one of those adamant folks who don't use Facebook...

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

a22matic

May 10, 2012
Visit site
I followed the directions posted below and... after 20hrs no slowness!

Thanks for the link. I followed the steps last night, & 24 hours later, no delay in message loading or typing in contact names for emails/text messages. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Sent from my EVO LTE baby!

laffingleigh

Jun 10, 2012
Visit site
Hmm, I did what they suggested and it only worked temporarily to me. I have Facebook NOT synced now, but I'm still getting the same issue. Any ideas??

ERicJ

Jun 6, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, unfortunately the problem came back for me as well. :(
I still don't have Facebook contacts sync'ing, so it's something else that's [also] corrupting the contacts....

So Cold

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site

Here is what I posted when this came up in one of the jb update threads. There's already many threads on this, the "method" that you already quoted is a temporary fix at best and it assumes that you are syncing accounts that many of us are not.

So I guess now we have yet another contacts thread......