No Contact support in BMW BT hands-free !

unclegeek

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
When I pair with my 2007 BMW 335i I don't get contacts onscreen. When I pair with my 2008 Audi, no problem. When I first pair the BMW I will get a prompt on the EVOLTE to allow the car to pull contacts.. by default a checkbox is checked that says "don't ask me again".. so I allow it.. after 45 minutes the display in the car is still showing the "...please wait" message. No contacts. clear everything and start over (unpair/delete on both) next time it prompted "don't ask me again", I unchecked and hit ok.. it pops right back up.. I uncheck and hit ok.. it pops right back up.. based on this I'm guessing the car and the phone are stuck in a perpetual loop of requesting the contact list.. and the phone doesn't respond the way the car expects. I had a similar problem a few years ago with a Palm Pre.. but later updates to that fixed the issue. I hope this is fixed on this crazy awesome new phone.

Anyone manage to get their contacts to display in their BMW? if so, what year/model?
I know this 2007 bluetooth support is not the greatest.

webhaus

May 12, 2012
Visit site
It works on my '09 335i with premium/navigation. When it first came up, it said no contacts, so i went to the options and changed the "first name, last name" option, then they call came up just fine.

tdunn014

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
There is a bluetooth issue with this phone. It appears this dates back to last year with other HTC phones as well.

On some factory stereos if you try to sync your contacts the bluetooth will constantly disconnect and reconnect. You have to not sync the contacts when it asks and select that it doesn't ask you again.

I have a 2012 Chevy Cruze and I cannot sync the contacts.

What is funny is on Saturday when I got the phone when I went to leave the Sprint store I immediately experienced the issue with the bluetooth disconnecting. Thinking it was a defective phone I went back inside and the store sent out their bluetooth "expert". He immediately saw the issue and went and got another new test phone. Of course this phone connected and stayed connected because there was no contacts to sync. They swapped out my phone thinking it was defective and as soon as I signed in with my Google account and it asked to sync the contacts the disconnects started again.

At that point I did a Google search and I found where this happens on other HTC phones. My Verizon Galaxy Nexus does not have this issue, so it seems isolated to HTC alone.

I can't understand why HTC has not fixed this issue since it's been going since at least last year, and at this point I have little faith they will ever fix it via a software update. I love the phone and figure I will just live with it.

unclegeek

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
It works on my '09 335i with premium/navigation. When it first came up, it said no contacts, so i went to the options and changed the "first name, last name" option, then they call came up just fine.

when you changed first name, last name options.. you mean in the phone? My iDrive doesn't have options for how the contacts are displayed.. I flipped that stuff around in the phone and it didn't seem to matter.. still just hangs with the ..waiting for contacts message on the car.

wernd

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
I had the same problem with my 3d and now have the same issue with the LTE. Tried the file transfer and couldn't get it to work. Not sure of the first name last name method, curious to hear more.
'06 330
'07 335 same problem for both cars.

Haven't tried the Audi fix either and probably won't as I don't like cars that spontaneously combust.

unclegeek

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
I had the same problem with my 3d and now have the same issue with the LTE. Tried the file transfer and couldn't get it to work. Not sure of the first name last name method, curious to hear more.
'06 330
'07 335 same problem for both cars.

Haven't tried the Audi fix either and probably won't as I don't like cars that spontaneously combust.

Call HTC and complain.. I did this yesterday.. if enough people call with their issues on this, then fixes will come that much sooner.. if they don't hear from people they don't log the issues and they don't get any attention.

866-449-8358 HTC customer service

unclegeek

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
I had lots of trouble with transferring contacts to my Infiniti. What solved the problem for me was a free program called "Bluetooth File Transfer".

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e....blueftp&feature=search_result&token=KFJEWxox..

This doesn't work on the BMW.. Bluetooth File transfer app says there are no OBD file transfer modes supported on the BMW.. so it fails to transfer contacts. I don't think there's a way to "push" contacts to the car.. the car requests the contact list and the phone has to know how to hand them back.. there appears to be more than one way for this to transact and the LTE doesn't do the method BMW used back in '07.

Ross A Cunningham

Jun 14, 2012
Visit site
I am running Android 4.0.3 on HTC Sense Ver 3.6; S/W # 3.25.841.4 and the Contacts List will not load to my BMW X5 (2008 Model) blue tooth. Phone works OK and I can recieve and place calls, just no contact list which is a pain in the rear! iPhones work fine as did my HTC Windows phone. Seems Android does not use a standard file header for contacts maybe? I have my phone auto synching with my company's MS Exchange Server for Mail and Contacts. I thought that might be an issue, however it wasn't with the HTC Windows phone.

Supaguard

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
HTC Sensation User

Okay - had the same old problems as everyone with my '06 530i... read many forums and the same old crap... nothing worked... use this app, flash this, delete certain contacts - edit this etc etc...

After about 9 months - just stumbled upon a fix... Update HTC Sense UI... after the update everything bar the recent/missed calls - contacts galore... even call quality is better...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1