Just had a new PRL pushed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grebnehtor

May 15, 2010
Visit site
Just had a new PRL pushed to my phone 5 minutes ago. I didn't hit update, it pushed on its own. I went from getting .06-.13mbps to 1.3-1.6 mbps down. Anyone else experience this?

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

kbp08tls

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site
Apparently it was a network-wide push. There's a couple of threads over on XDA on the subject. According to some of the folks over there, the PRL in and of itself doesn't affect data speed. But there are people reporting improved speeds immediately after the push. Hmmmm...

I haven't been able to check yet for myself because I'm not in a location where I've done a speed test before, so I have nothing to check against.

hypercubexl

May 17, 2012
Visit site
I didn't get a push, but went and did an update and got 25004. Download speed didn't seem to change (still around 1Mb), but upload improved significantly, it is up to about 500k.

Had been concerned about that since it was running much slower, and picture uploads were taking forever.

trter10-imore

ThunderboltTool Developer
Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
Its sad that you guys have to feel lucky at 1.3 mbps... Verizon gives me 25+

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

stephen866

Apr 12, 2010
Visit site
Its sad that you guys have to feel lucky at 1.3 mbps... Version gives me 14+

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

Yes we know, but this was all of the reviewers main beef with it.At least with decent 3g speeds this phone is more usable than the reviewers had it to be.

Mikey47

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I don't get it. I thought PRL stands for Prefered Roaming List.
Why would that improve speeds?

PRL will not improve speeds. What it does is tell your phone where towers are and which ones it should connect to. The only way getting a new PRL will increase your speed is if there is a new tower that is closer to you, or more powerful than your previous PRL indicated.

Reactions: Xiphias
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samyblaze