Sprint getting ready to put up the Galaxy S3 pre-order page

Sh3ngLong

May 16, 2010
Visit site
According to Inside Sprint Now, Sprint is getting ready to put up the landing page and pre-order page for the Samsung Galaxy S3.

Galaxy S3 ? Inside Sprint Now

Any of you planning to return your EVO LTE (within 14 days of activation) to give the Galaxy S3 a try?

Or for those who were planning to get the EVO LTE in the Sprint store this weekend, does this news make you want to wait a bit longer now?

Starfleet Captain

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
I will pick up the Evo LTE in a few hours to try it out. HTC has 14 days to fix the Multitasking issue. If its not fixed by then, taking it back and will be purchasing my first Samsung since the A900 (Blade).

Dreamliner330

Sep 3, 2011
Visit site
I will pick up the Evo LTE in a few hours to try it out. HTC has 14 days to fix the Multitasking issue. If its not fixed by then, taking it back and will be purchasing my first Samsung since the A900 (Blade).
HTC won't fix the multitasking and you'll hate the signal issues your bound to have with the Samsung.

Fingers crossed that Samsung will have better signal quality with the GS3, but I won't hold my breath since they haven't done so yet with the last 3 generation releases of phones.

Starfleet Captain

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
HTC won't fix the multitasking and you'll hate the signal issues your bound to have with the Samsung.

Fingers crossed that Samsung will have better signal quality with the GS3, but I won't hold my breath since they haven't done so yet with the last 3 generation releases of phones.

The word is that the leaked RUU for the ONE X fixes the issue for the most part, which gives me some hope that HTC is working on it.

The reported signal issues on the original Galaxy S devices are what turned me off of getting a GS2 device. However, given the glowing popularity of the GS2, I may get a GS3 and try it out for myself. I have been a loyal HTC user and am not willing to write them off just yet, but this Multitasking issue, which is an ESSENTIAL PERK to owning an Android device, just may make me turn away from HTC. The next 14 days will be critical. This had better be one hell of an awesome phone.

Last edited:

Dreamliner330

Sep 3, 2011
Visit site
I hope you are right. I really do. I want to stay with android and HTC, but my experience has honestly been "the trailer is better than the movie."

Unless every review starts with "The Galaxy S3 has significantly stronger signal than the Galaxy S3," I won't touch it with a 10 foot pole.

I use the voice calls about 2 hours per day minimum. I have been personally burned too many times by Samsung, never again.

rsk2mc

Banned
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Ive always owned HTC phones from all the carriers, last one was the Thunderbolt which the devs made into an awesome phone. I had the Epic 4G touch on sprint and as a PDA is was superb, however samsung uses the absolute worst radios and wifi receiver ever. Im not just saying that, even my galaxy tab 10.1 has horrible wifi signal. HTC makes an awesome quality phone hands down. Sure S3 will be very iphoneish, but nothing will be more solid than the evo. HTC has dedicated Mechanical Engineers who design the housing and stands, they CNC prototype them in house right in california. My company sells alot of stuff to samsung, they are our number one customer in high purity and i can tell you they consistant come back with more demands, they just try way to hard to be on top on lose focus on as a whole

bdmridgback

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
The wife and I both got EVO 3D's at launch, both upgrading from EVO's. I got tired of mine and have had a Samsung GS2 Epic Touch 4G. On a almost daily basis we run into being at a place where I have better cell signal strength on my sammy than my wifes 3D. We both are moving to GS3's on launch day.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums

kbp08tls

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site
I have no plans whatsoever to get rid of my E4GLTE. Even though the broken multitasking drives me nuts, I recognize what a fantastic piece of hardware this phone is and it's just a matter of time before the dev community builds some ROMs that will take full advantage of it.

Sent from my E4GLTE using Android Central Forums

Cubfan

Jun 19, 2010
Visit site
But the S3 has the menu button, and not that screen shrinking emulation. And the white one looks sweet with its removable battery. I think I will wait it out.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

rsk2mc

Banned
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
The wife and I both got EVO 3D's at launch, both upgrading from EVO's. I got tired of mine and have had a Samsung GS2 Epic Touch 4G. On a almost daily basis we run into being at a place where I have better cell signal strength on my sammy than my wifes 3D. We both are moving to GS3's on launch day.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums

EVO 3d sucked yes , it was thrown together. This is a flagship phone with a reputation to hold. S3 willbe disappoting , especially when you will never see an update

sent from my blobfish (if you don't know what a blobfish is, Google it)

1BadHEMI

Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
But the S3 has the menu button, and not that screen shrinking emulation. And the white one looks sweet with its removable battery. I think I will wait it out.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Nothing of which would make me switch from the EVO. Who needs a removable battery when this thing last 5 hours with screen on?

Don't get me wrong, I think the S3 will be a nice device. To me however, there isn't much of a trade off between the S2 and S3. More like the i4 to the i4S...

Starfleet Captain

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
Nothing of which would make me switch from the EVO. Who needs a removable battery when this thing last 5 hours with screen on?

Don't get me wrong, I think the S3 will be a nice device. To me however, there isn't much of a trade off between the S2 and S3. More like the i4 to the i4S...

That's not really a fair comparison.The GS3 brought tons of hardware upgrades and software enhancements. Admittedly, I'm not crazy about the Touchwiz interface (When compared to Sense or Stock for that matter), butthe GS3 is as much of an upgrade as moving from a Evo 3D to the Evo LTE.

dtreo

May 4, 2010
Visit site

Look at the signal indicators for every S3 review that you see to get am idea of signal improvement over S2. There are a bunch of side by side YouTube comparisons. Most images and video reviews of the Galaxy Nexus show weak signals (even tho it calculates the bars in a different way), but S2 vs S3 should be a better comparison I suppose.

silverthornne

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
I'm quite happy with my EVO LTE so I don't see myself returning to Samsung. Two years from now, who knows. But my previous device was an Epic 4G which the community worked really hard to turn into a good device since software wise it wasn't so hot. Right now I see Samsung as a Sony: really good specs and hardware (though Sony did do much better casings than Samsung) but spotty software that looks good in presentations but always has some frustrating quirk or limitation in practical use...

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

Sh3ngLong

May 16, 2010
Visit site
I have until June 6 to make a decision about returning my EVO LTE for a full refund and get my "full upgrade eligibility" status back.

I love my EVO LTE, I have no problems with it. But like with cars, I like to test drive a couple of phones before I commit to a phone that I will be sticking with for a while. I did that with the OG EVO and OG Epic 4G, and I ended up picking the OG EVO.

So I may do the same this time around and wait to test drive the GS3.

IMO, it doesn't make sense for Sprint to release the GS3 with almost similar specs/features as the EVO LTE. It should have one major difference, like a sliding keyboard (which I wouldn't like, but it's just an example) or a 5.3" screen with an S-Pen. :)

I guess we'll know more about it very soon...

k000

May 12, 2012
Visit site
I am pissed off at HTC / this phone due to :

1. Cheeky cheap camera
2. No real multitasking

What works well is signal and screen.

Do we have only 2 weeks to return or 30 days ? I am existing subscriber and got my phone last week.. so looks like I have only 6 days left if it's only 14