Launch Day Stories Thread

nightmare

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
Out in Lancaster, PA on a business trip. Had to call almost two dozen different stores, including Best Buy, Radioshack, and Sprint stores, until I found a place in Reading, PA that had one.

Y2Dre

May 7, 2010
Visit site
I picked mine up in Brandon, Florida for a cool $590. No problem. Instead amd out in 30 minutes. Fully charged it at home. Thus far, battery life sucks! Will give it the two weeks. No crazy use. Mostly wi fi. Some 3g. :'(

So...battery life sucks, huh? Allow me to present Exhibit A:

2012-06-02_22-25-43.png

Sent from my EVO 4G LTE using Android Central Forums

Reactions: TraderGary

banzaiwolfe

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
I had a not-so-good experience. I'm on SERO Premium, and from what I've read this is still compatible with LTE phones and just requires a code change on the plan or something like that. I was all set to get a phone but they insisted I had to get a $59.99 plan to get the phone. Just to be clear, I did go to a corporate Sprint store.

So long story short, after being there for over an hour I came home with nothing. I have placed an order online and I'll just have to deal with CS over the phone I guess during the week sometime.

Kizzmocat

Jun 1, 2012
Visit site
Had a crazy day! Went to the sprint store before opening, no one there, went in and laid my sweaty hands all over this phone, may have drooled a little on it also!, anyways, I left without one due to I wanted to give Walmart a try, first Walmart was going to sell me one, then the wicked witch of the west popped up and told me there was none available, I asked if they were all pre orders? She said no, but the others were spoken for, I said, I'm standing right here with cash in my hands to give you!, she snarled and said SO!, was gonna snap on the ladybut then realized she may not have had her crack yet today, so off I went!
Arrived at the next Walmart, got the only one available, started the checkout process (wow), an hour later after getting most things straightened out with sprint, she started getting pissy with the c/s for sprint, apparently she was going to be late for lunch due to she would have to manually fill out the contract!!, she asked me to wait about an hour so that she could eat lunch! Basically my head exploded!, I held it together, and kindly asked her to cancel the purchase! I hauled ass outta there!
Well, I arrived at the place I started, by this time it was like a feeding frenzy, I took a number, upgraded my of EVO, transferred my contacts, put my wife's number and contacts on my of EVO, paid for it, used my AAA card, got my discounts, and left there smiling like a kid who just got the last cookie!
A terrible start to the day turned into a beautiful, sun shiny day!, this phone is incredible, enjoying every second with it, hope u all get one, but take it from me, it may be a roller coaster, but you'll be the kid with the cotton candy in the end!
Thanks to the android central community for all the help throughout these forums, and to those of you who actually read all of this, sorry your eyes are bleeding! Lol

Sent from my LTEVO using Android Central Forums

Mercury81

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
This one brought tears to me eyes... Like an old yeller story... But at the end bright and shiny...:beer:;):D

sent from my Evo4LTE

Judynnnn

Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
I couldn't sleep the night of the twenty fourth, so I stayed up for most of the night, finally took a nap until 7:30am and left the house at 830am to get to my 930am appointment at best buy. I had to explain how to activate it and stuff and give more specs about the phone because the rep didn't know what to do. By 945am I walked out of best buy and drove to my high school graduation practise and showed off my new toy. I graduated that night with 44 college hours, it was payday, and my new phone was in my hands:) best day ever.haha

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Android Central Forums

w5cyc

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
Well my launch day story was from over a week ago, not today....but....
When I swapped out my original EVO at the BB in Oklahoma City, they told me they were only going to give me $20 for the trade in. Everything I had read online previously said I'd get $50 regardless of the condition, and all I had to turn in was the phone. No accessories. So I didn't even bring my charger for it. But they told me I'd get $25 for it being in "fair" condition, minus another $5 for not having the charger. I wasn't happy, but since I was getting that, plus the $50 gift card, plus $50 phone freedom, I didn't complain.

After they took my EVO, they gave me a coupon to be scanned at the register. Despite what they told me, the coupon gave me $50 off instead of $20. So that was cool. I got the phone for $49 and tax. Not bad.

Anthonicia

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
Had a crazy day! Went to the sprint store before opening, no one there, went in and laid my sweaty hands all over this phone, may have drooled a little on it also!, anyways, I left without one due to I wanted to give Walmart a try, first Walmart was going to sell me one, then the wicked witch of the west popped up and told me there was none available, I asked if they were all pre orders? She said no, but the others were spoken for, I said, I'm standing right here with cash in my hands to give you!, she snarled and said SO!, was gonna snap on the ladybut then realized she may not have had her crack yet today, so off I went!
Arrived at the next Walmart, got the only one available, started the checkout process (wow), an hour later after getting most things straightened out with sprint, she started getting pissy with the c/s for sprint, apparently she was going to be late for lunch due to she would have to manually fill out the contract!!, she asked me to wait about an hour so that she could eat lunch! Basically my head exploded!, I held it together, and kindly asked her to cancel the purchase! I hauled ass outta there!
Well, I arrived at the place I started, by this time it was like a feeding frenzy, I took a number, upgraded my of EVO, transferred my contacts, put my wife's number and contacts on my of EVO, paid for it, used my AAA card, got my discounts, and left there smiling like a kid who just got the last cookie!
A terrible start to the day turned into a beautiful, sun shiny day!, this phone is incredible, enjoying every second with it, hope u all get one, but take it from me, it may be a roller coaster, but you'll be the kid with the cotton candy in the end!
Thanks to the android central community for all the help throughout these forums, and to those of you who actually read all of this, sorry your eyes are bleeding! Lol

Sent from my LTEVO using Android Central Forums

Sounds like my experience at Walmart. Lady pretty much rapes my new phone and 2 hours & 6 cs reps later they say Walmart cannot process my upgrade because my contract date is too soon. Bought it flatout to save it from the molesting Vaseline hands of the Walmart lady for an hour or so. Returned it an hour later when best buy promised me one by Saturday morning which I got for $50 today!

Walmart had horrible people working for them, hate going there for so many reasons. Guess the people who work there are the only ones desperate enough to live off that salary. Lady couldn't afford the LTE with a new activation, let alone flat out like I did. Yet she bangs it on the counter and thumps it with her finger the entire 2 hours.

I told her to please put MY phone down since she was banging it on the counter. She said, don't worry! I got a hold on it real tight! Man, I wanted to strangle her. Still do. I really hate the ugly fat cow of a woman every time I've seen her there. Acts like she is something being an assistant to the assistant manager in electronics. Sheesh!

Glad I got it from best buy where the people are much nicer and know what they are doing most of the time. They also try to get u the lowest price possible, not get u to pay the highest price ala Walmart!

Boycott Walmart! I try to for the most part. Refuse to buy ammo from the gun shops though. They mark it up at least 20%.

Sent from OG EVO LTE with Android Central Forums

ryan06emu

May 13, 2012
Visit site
I know its relatively the same experience, but how does it compare to the One X?

The Evo 4g LTE is a great device. I love the upgradeable micro sd slot and the dedicated camera button. Obviously the screen is gorgeous just like the HOX. One thing that I do not like is that there is a gap between the screen and the top of the phone and is a magnet for link and whatnot, kind of a strange design decision if you ask me. The biggest downside to the user experience has nothing to do with the device it is simply the Sprint network. I get .5 mbps in metro Detroit. As a result I am going back to AT&T today and I am going to keep my HOX. I really wanted to like the Evo 4g LTE and I do but the network holds it back big time!

dtreo

May 4, 2010
Visit site
Absolutely. I was stunned at how the photos I had seen before I got mine last week did not prepare me for EVOLTE goodness. I was completely blown away at how elegant the phone is.

I agree. It does look like a very modern design in hand. The metal band and edge bevel is nicely done.

dtreo

May 4, 2010
Visit site
So I decided to get there at 930 but my son wasn't having any of that. So I got there at 1030 and low and behold I got one of the last ones they had. So far I'm happy but I must admit I was REALLY sad to watch them drag away my gnexus as it was such a cool phone. But hey all in all I have a working phone right out of the box which I couldn't say the gnexus did.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

Happy you finally have a phone that works! You went thru a lot to get here. I think we made the right choice so far.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie