Bottom black menu bar, dim it or kill it?

anon803492

May 29, 2012
Visit site
Hey all,

Picked up my EVO this morning. So far, loving it. I've noticed though that there's no soft menu key. This is a first for me after using Android for years. In it's stead, we have a hideous obnoxious bar at the bottom. So far it's in the official Twitter app, and Dolphin Browser. I've found no way to minimize it or dim it. Does anybody know of a way to do this? I've resorted to the stock browser because I like all the real estate I can get.

Thanks!

TraderGary

Trusted Member
Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
The ugly black bar appears on apps that have yet to be updated to ICS Android 4.0. With time it will go the way of the dinosaur and the dodo bird. The stock browser has been updated and exemplifies how an Android 4 ICS app should work. Evernote is another good example of a well executed recently updated app.

Send feedback on your favorite apps and tell them to get with the times and update their apps.

Last edited:

ericj12

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site
i understand the frustration but honestly i dont even notice it. it doesnt take up too much real estate and the screen is so damn big that it's hard to notice that a sliver at the bottom is designated for a menu button.

Reactions: kmmill00

Hurleygm

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
The ugly black bar appears on apps that have yet to be updated to ICS Android 4.0. With time it will go the way of the dinosaur and the dodo bird. The stock browser has been updated and exemplifies how an Android 4 ICS app should work. Evernote is another good example of a well executed recently updated app.

Send feedback on your favorite apps and tell them to get with the times and update their apps.

+1 The only way it will be "fixed" is if the app developers update their apps for ICS.

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

PJMAN2952

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
I hope they update Facebook, Twitter, Angry Birds and other games and apps to ICS. Sometimes if not all the time the black menu bar doesn't pull up any menu when I tap on it. So its a waste of space on my HTC One S. Well we all have to wait for updates I guess.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sem173