Known Bugs Sticky

pteezay

Sep 27, 2010
Visit site
One bug that I'm dealing with is my phone automatically changing it's network status from CDMA only to CDMA/LTE all by itself, not sure why my phone does this and am wondering if it's a bug. By switching from CDMA only to CDMA/LTE turns on the 4G radio and consumes more power. Anyone else have this problem?

nightmare

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
One bug that I'm dealing with is my phone automatically changing it's network status from CDMA only to CDMA/LTE all by itself, not sure why my phone does this and am wondering if it's a bug. By switching from CDMA only to CDMA/LTE turns on the 4G radio and consumes more power. Anyone else have this problem?

If you try to update the profile, it will default back to CDMA/LTE if you previously selected only CDMA.

Google Wallet saying "this device is unsupported".

Really annoying.

Google announced they were aware of the problem and working on a fix not too long ago.

daphatkid11212

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
Two of them that I notice daily.

The weather/clock widget constantly shows the wrong weather until I press update. i.e. It'll say it's thunder storming and all there is is sunlight outside..

For some reason I constantly am unable to send or receive text messages as well as phone calls unless I turn on airplane mode and turn it off or update my PRL. Very irritating.

If not for these two things, the phone is fantastic.. The signal on this phone is also a little weaker than my OG EVO was. Kinda surprising..
I'm having the same problems that you talk about in your post, have you found a way to fix the issues yet? Anything you can help me with will be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
I keep getting a message that it can't dertimine my location and asks me to set my time zone manually. No at all the time but its a daily thing.

Also my google wallet tells me my country is no supported. Can't figure that out. Reset it from my other phone. I'm in the us FYI.

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

Keonloxe

Jun 26, 2012
Visit site
IPosted some problems I had before doing a factory resest in a thread (It's been 3 weeks, phone problems.) but here are some more I'm having now. Anybody got a fix for them?

Well I did a factory reset and most of the problems are gone. I'm being more careful about the apps I download and haven't gotten any spam apps. Although Temple Run still lags a bit, just not as much.
The factory reset also got rid of the issue I was having with google plus for a few days but SOMEHOW the music files have seperated again and I can't listen to the music on my phone and the music I purchased from google play at the same time which is really annoying. I do like the google music player better than the one on the phone but if I can't keep the music stored on the phone with my google play music then I'll just download a better music player app and go back to buying music from itunes and storing them on my phone. That sucks because I have at least $50 worth of music in google play.
I'm gonna have some time after work to see if downloading the desktop music player for google and playing around with that actually works. Thanks for the info!

Another issue I've noticed over the past day or so the that if I'm watching Netflix, the show/movie will pause on its own and I'll have to push play. That's not a big issue but when I'm in my twitter app, I think somehow the adds will click on? I have no idea why but I think it's screen sensitivity problems.

Reactions: Mercury81

FaisDogg

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
IPosted some problems I had before doing a factory resest in a thread (It's been 3 weeks, phone problems.) but here are some more I'm having now. Anybody got a fix for them?

Well I did a factory reset and most of the problems are gone. I'm being more careful about the apps I download and haven't gotten any spam apps. Although Temple Run still lags a bit, just not as much.
The factory reset also got rid of the issue I was having with google plus for a few days but SOMEHOW the music files have seperated again and I can't listen to the music on my phone and the music I purchased from google play at the same time which is really annoying. I do like the google music player better than the one on the phone but if I can't keep the music stored on the phone with my google play music then I'll just download a better music player app and go back to buying music from itunes and storing them on my phone. That sucks because I have at least $50 worth of music in google play.
I'm gonna have some time after work to see if downloading the desktop music player for google and playing around with that actually works. Thanks for the info!

Another issue I've noticed over the past day or so the that if I'm watching Netflix, the show/movie will pause on its own and I'll have to push play. That's not a big issue but when I'm in my twitter app, I think somehow the adds will click on? I have no idea why but I think it's screen sensitivity problems.

I had same screen touch issues with my EVO 3D which was due to bad touch screen they replaced the phone and it went away...

Sent from EVO 4G LTE

kcpowercat

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Anybody have their videos not playing back in the correct orientation? Doesn't happen all the time to me but ill take a few videos always horizontal and about 10% will end up playing back off 90 degrees from the direction I'm holding it for playback.

sisko916

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Every time I try to post to facebook wether a picture or not it has an error and restarts app. When I edit a contact in my contacts list it sends me back to my home page. It also uploads all my pictures to Google+ when I don't give it access to. Fix it android.

groundshock

Jun 28, 2012
Visit site
Crappy Terrible reception.
Time zone issues.
Camera burst feature not stopping when button released.
Hit and miss auto-launch of car app when placed in Sprint car dock.
Flimsy kickstand mechanism that's broke on me once already with 2x use.
Magic cracking screens that crack when touched in direct sunlight.

FaisDogg

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
Time zone issues.

Don't have any of these issues...weird...:)

Sent from EVO 4G LTE

Mercury81

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
Time zone issues.

You sure you didn't get a knock off phone? I use my phone in the Sun everyday and screen hasn't cracked. I had the clock set from day one no time issues.I use the kick stand maybe 4-5 times a week and it works perfectly. Just sayin...

from Evo4G LTE on Tapatalk 2

Quis89

Q&A Team
Oct 15, 2009
Visit site
Time zone issues.

Magic cracking screens? Is this serious??

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech