EVO LTE: the way it is

rsk2mc

Banned
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Ok so already starts the S3 waiting game and second thoughts about the EVO. Everyone wants the latest and greatest, and people assume its the newest released phone. Truth of the matter is no one will have the best phone, there will always be something that another phone has better than yours. With that , the goal for anyone should be to get a solid device that's works good. Given that the EVO does have some quirks, we have to realize its been officially out for like 12 hours. Rarely does a phone get released that works this well without having to root, painfully the only phone this smooth is the iPhone and lumia. The point is specs ont mean anything, its how the phone works, cool the s3 has 2gb of ram, now the important part is how many people have even consistently used up 1gb. Ics is supposed to run with min resources, should kill tasks when it takes up a lot of memory. With that being the purpose you will be er come close to 1gb usage, 2gb is just a marketing scheme . S3 will be a good phone no doubt, I have 2 s2 and they are great, but this phone was truly engineered. This was well thought out and made bot just thrown together with parts from all models of phones. Samsung used to make a lot of apple's components, ironically now they have identical hardware in the S3. Point is no one should be at all disappointed with the EVO purchase, you don't like multi tasking ok, give HTC a month to release a patch and it will be fixed completely software related not hardware. So let's give the EVO credit , let's enjoy this phone, and let's the non believers and doubters get the s3.

sent from my blobfish (if you don't know what a blobfish is, Google it)

Last edited:
Reactions: Anthonicia

JERAVICIOUS

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Re: EVO LTE

OP great post. I say get what suits your needs. I'm sure a lot of people who want the "latests and greatest" only go on Facebook on their phone. One thing to note when purchasing a phone or anything electronic; bugs will always be there. My everyday phone is the iPhone 4S from the EVO 4G. when I got the iPhone 4S my wifi did not work at all. So I had to swap out for another iPhone. So no phone is safe from being released as "perfect" or "flawless." As for the SIII or any samsung related devices, good luck with that. I know it's a matter of opinion and preferences, but with my experiences testing out review units; I have not had a good experience with samsung. Optimization is key when choosing a device that works for you.

I feel HTC makes great devices, but needed to stop releasing new devices every month. So I am happy with the One series approach. As for the EVO line, it has been solid. The EVO 3D was a great phone but the 3D maybe turned away many users. The EVO 4G LTE is going back to it's roots which is what made the EVO line so great.

I will be checking this device out more in depth. Maybe it might be my new personal phone of choice...

rsk2mc

Banned
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
I agree HTC went back to basics on this phone, no BS just a good phone without trying to out due the capabilities

sent from my blobfish (if you don't know what a blobfish is, Google it)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nayminthuyain888