I looked but couldn't find anything about Swype.

Is the phone preloaded with it?

Thanks,

GBA
    06-02-2012 07:13 PM
    Have you tried Settings > Language & Inputs

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
    06-02-2012 07:17 PM
    Plus, as I found from another post, you can turn on gesturing for the stock Sense keyboard. Then you won't lose the arrow keys and won't lose the new Google voice input.
    06-02-2012 07:36 PM
    Duh, thanks!
    06-02-2012 07:50 PM
    Plus, as I found from another post, you can turn on gesturing for the stock Sense keyboard. Then you won't lose the arrow keys and won't lose the new Google voice input.
    You don't lose the google voice typing when using swype, it's just not integrated. When you're in a text area, there will be a keyboard indicator in the status bar which lets you switch to voice typing. When you're done it reverts to Swype. I was using the HTC keyboard but the directional arrows make the keyboard too high on the screen and it covers up fields on some screens, then you have to close the keyboard to get into those fields. Great to have options though.
    06-02-2012 08:37 PM
    You don't lose the google voice typing when using swype, it's just not integrated. When you're in a text area, there will be a keyboard indicator in the status bar which lets you switch to voice typing.
    It is using the "old" voice typing (short phrases, all at once, no "done"), not the "new" continuous voice typing. That is what I meant by "new Google voice input."
    06-02-2012 09:08 PM
    It is using the "old" voice typing (short phrases, all at once, no "done"), not the "new" continuous voice typing. That is what I meant by "new Google voice input."
    Yes I know. That's why I said you had to get to it through the keyboard shortcut in the status bar. You can use it with any keyboard. Yes, the mic button in the Swype keyboard just does the standard swype voice-to-text function which works pretty good on its own.
    06-02-2012 09:25 PM
    Yes I know. That's why I said you had to get to it through the keyboard shortcut in the status bar. You can use it with any keyboard. Yes, the mic button in the Swype keyboard just does the standard swype voice-to-text function which works pretty good on its own.
    Sorry, wasn't quite catching what you were saying. It is still very inconvenient if you want to always use the newer voice typing with the Swype keyboard. Interestingly, after enabling gestures on the Sense keyboard, I have played with it a lot and it is really quite decent. I think I will continue using it now.
    06-02-2012 09:47 PM
    Sorry, wasn't quite catching what you were saying. It is still very inconvenient if you want to always use the newer voice typing with the Swype keyboard. Interestingly, after enabling gestures on the Sense keyboard, I have played with it a lot and it is really quite decent. I think I will continue using it now.
    I actually use the HTC Trace keyboard on my EVO View because I didn't like how Swype worked on that, so when I got the EVOLTE I was using it as well. It works well but the way it covers up some forms I switched to Swype. Swype isn't as good as it was on the OG EVO. I think I just have to get used the new way they're doing suggestions. Either way I can swype or trace and try out voice too.
    06-02-2012 11:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD