Solutions For Reducing REDRAW for HTC EVO4G LTE???

Technosticrati

Nov 28, 2011
Visit site
Consider this a placeholder for whoever can come up with a solution to eliminate redraw in HTC Sense 4.0, either a rooted or non-rooted fix. I don't have an answer but I'm sure as heck interested in any and all solutions.

When using Nova Launcher this happens with less frequency but nothing has prevented redraw entirely.

Technosticrati

Nov 28, 2011
Visit site

crxssi

Linux: The power beneath
May 31, 2010
Visit site
It happens when using large resources (like multitasking) but happens when you go back to your home screen and Sense takes 15-20 seconds to redraw/repaint the screen. You'll know it when you see it because you'll get the circle spinning around and around before you see anything else.

That is a Sense restart (often from a crash/major error), have not seen that happen on my Evo LTE yet. But it was pretty common on my other HTC phones.

manonmoon49

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site
I've had the phone for a week and I have t experienced that at all yet. Or I haven't noticed it at least

Sent from my ALL NEW HTC Evo 4G LTE!!

k000

May 12, 2012
Visit site
It happens when using large resources (like multitasking) but happens when you go back to your home screen and Sense takes 15-20 seconds to redraw/repaint the screen. You'll know it when you see it because you'll get the circle spinning around and around before you see anything else.

I see my contacts screen do a refresh every time, I ahve only 6 favs posted there, and shouldn't be all the time that it needs to get the screen repainted.

I tried Nova, it was faster but I found that with Nova I lose all teh HTC widgets, like the big mama clock with weather which I've started liking, and the big pics contacst screen (one to the left of home screen by default)

Mikey47

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I've had the phone for a week and I have t experienced that at all yet. Or I haven't noticed it at least

Sent from my ALL NEW HTC Evo 4G LTE!!

I've experienced this several times with my Evo4LTE. Typically happens when I click the home button while in a large app (like Facebook, Dolphin, and etc.).

kbp08tls

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site
I see my contacts screen do a refresh every time, I ahve only 6 favs posted there, and shouldn't be all the time that it needs to get the screen repainted.

I tried Nova, it was faster but I found that with Nova I lose all teh HTC widgets, like the big mama clock with weather which I've started liking, and the big pics contacst screen (one to the left of home screen by default)

The re-draw happens to me every now and then.

If you're on the fence about a third party launcher (Apex, Nova, etc) but are afraid of losing the HTC widgets - there are plenty of options to replace them. Android Pro Widgets has a group of widgets that mimic Sense pretty well.

Go Launcher also has a lot of widgets available - I loved it on CM7 but looks too GB-ish now that we've moved on to ICS. Apex/Nova preserve the ICS look/feel much better IMO.

Beautiful Widgets is a great replacement for clock/weather. There are also any number of other clock and weather widgets out there to fit your tastes/needs. Actually, there are almost TOO many choices to wade through...:p

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith