What screen protector are u using?

Anthonicia

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
^ Topic ^

Does it work well? Details...

I purchased a $5 HD max screen protector off eBay. Haven't tried it out yet. Pondering whether or not I should just buy a zagg one with its lifetime guarantee.

Last time I got one the sides started peeling and dirt got up under it. Looked horrible. Not worth the $30; it's a piece of frigging plastic! Mark up is atrocious in my opinion. Don't care if it is "military grade" bullet proof or whatever.

Sent from OG EVO LTE with Android Central Forums

Waiting4MyAndroid

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site
I am using Skinomi on my ATRIX 2. It is supper clear and very durable. It had been on the phone for about six month without any scratches or peeling around the edges. Also unlike the ZAGG there is no orange peel feel and look. Just smooth.

Sent from my ATRIX 2 using Android Central Forums

Anthonicia

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I am using Skinomi on my ATRIX 2. It is supper clear and very durable. It had been on the phone for about six month without any scratches or peeling around the edges. Also unlike the ZAGG there is no orange peel feel and look. Just smooth.

Sent from my ATRIX 2 using Android Central Forums

The one off eBay I got has the thick orange skin texture. May give it a try and see how it goes.

tlan

May 16, 2010
Visit site
guys check out phantom skinz. I put one on both of my evo's its really good and comes out very clear its very hard to tell you have a screen protector on the phone. You also get 2 for the price of one

midmadn

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
The one that came with otter box defender case. It finally grew on me....;):D:thumbup:

sent from my Evo4LTE

Same here. I thought I was going to remove the screen protector when I received my defender, but I'm actually liking it.

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

Beherrschen

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
Im using the zagg HD protector. But phantomskinz was my go to prior.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

Same here. HD version much smoother and more clear than the original... Plus free replacements if it does come off/gets ruined.

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

doomstang

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
None. I don't keep other things in the same pocket as my Evo anyway... My otterbox commuter series is on its way but I won't be using the screen protector.

Sent from my Evo 4G LTE via Tapatalk

TnA206

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
Screen protector? Lol. Don't forget your pocket protector, too. WOW. And there a thread on it.....losers!

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

BranLee

Jul 7, 2011
Visit site
Zaggs Invisible Shield HD or something. I won't mind paying the 25$ for it, because I got the phone for 150 and it's actually pretty good when I had it on my OG EVO, But I hate having to pay $7 to have them install it for me...Next time, I'll buy a few cheap ones and practice before I put the replacement on

DougB541#CB

May 15, 2010
Visit site
Zaggs Invisible Shield HD or something. I won't mind paying the 25$ for it, because I got the phone for 150 and it's actually pretty good when I had it on my OG EVO, But I hate having to pay $7 to have them install it for me...Next time, I'll buy a few cheap ones and practice before I put the replacement on

same reason i bought it. I install myself, its actually not to hard when the screen if flat and flush. Putting a screen protector on the Pre was a nightmare haha.

I do have 1 tiny tiny tiny piece of dust under the screen, debated taking it off, but i'll live.

Anthonicia

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
With my old EVO I went commando without a screen protector or case. Had the same logic about not putting anything else in that pocket. Well, I dropped it about 10 times on concrete at high velocity. Also got ghost scratches on the screen I could never figure where they came from.

This screen is so beautiful, getting a scratch on it would seem a crime. Sorry if it's nerdy to have an unscratched phone. I like the flawless look.

LS2982

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
I bought the ZAGG HD protector and a defender Otter box case. The ZAGG and the Otter box screens kept sticking together and making marks on the screen. I had to remove the ZAGG and went with just the Otter box.

evo4gMN

Nov 24, 2010
Visit site
XO Skins makes a great protector. It doesnt have the orange peel feel that the zagg does and goes on easy. Plus it doesn't have the sensor issues i have been reading about on the zagg. Also, just search the web for a "coupon code" and you should be able to pick one up for about $10.

thomasr1950

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I got the Zagg when i got my phones. They had a special 2 for $25 & free installation. They put them both on in a snap. I was glad it was offered, i don't have the patience.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbyworkman1995