Camera not very good

Shardak

May 24, 2012
Visit site
I am not a pro photographer, but do own a Canon 30D DSLR and understand the basics of photography. I was not expecting much from the Evo camera, was hoping it would be similar to my wifes iPhone 4s. So far I am disappointed.

I have the following issues/complaints with the camera:

1) Flash gives the subject a green tint.
2) Seems to be some delay from clicking the shutter button to actually capturing the image. To be expected, I will probably get used to this.
3) Poor low light performance. I was hoping a f/2 (or is it f/2.8) would give better low light performance.

Is there any camera app that will allow you to control shutter speed? This would probably be enough for me to use this camera. Right now indoor photos are pretty blurry due to trying to hand-hold the camera with what feels like a shutter speed of 1/20 or slower.

Grebnehtor

May 15, 2010
Visit site
I'm definitely not a pro, but I like this camera more then my iPhone 4S camera so far. Shot this one at the Phillies game tonight.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: DrDoppio

liquidxit2

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
For a point and click its more then enough for a non pro. Do I need a dedicated camera? No, but again I'm not a professional photographer. For my point and click uses its perfect. But we all have to realize it a cell phone and not just a camera. For it being a sub trait of the device its pretty damn good if not perfect.

541rrhse

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
I am not a pro photographer, but do own a Canon 30D DSLR and understand the basics of photography. I was not expecting much from the Evo camera, was hoping it would be similar to my wifes iPhone 4s. So far I am disappointed.
Given I'm not a pro just a "point and shoot average joe" and I certainly don't own a Canon 30D DSLR, I'll ask the obvious what settings have you tried ?

Reactions: DrDoppio

shadowhawk2020

May 20, 2010
Visit site
I have had some shots that I think "man did I take that with a phone?", then I have had others that are disappointing.

I do like that the OP complained about the flash and low light shot and people here post nice shots outdoors with good light ;)

Reactions: da.bell

crxssi

Linux: The power beneath
May 31, 2010
Visit site
It is a phone camera. No, it can't do what my $1,000 Alpha 65 SLT with a $600 SAL250 lens can do. But it is the best camera I have ever seen/used on a phone.... by far. And it rivals many small point-and-click type cameras. There is only so much it can do with a super tiny sensor and super tiny lens.

541rrhse

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
It is a phone camera. No, it can't do what my $1,000 Alpha 65 SLT with a $600 SAL250 lens can do. But it is the best camera I have ever seen/used on a phone.... by far. And it rivals many small point-and-click type cameras. There is only so much it can do with a super tiny sensor and super tiny lens.
Agree, apples to apples it's an HTC phone who's camera is much better than the older HTC phone.

541rrhse

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
I'm definitely not a pro, but I like this camera more then my iPhone 4S camera so far. Shot this one at the Phillies game tonight.

I'm not a photographer and never owned an iPhone so I guess like this camera even more? lol

learntall

May 19, 2011
Visit site
It's ludicrous to compare a camera on a cell phone, who's main function is to be a wireless telephone, to a high-end photography camera who's dedicated purpose is to take flawless pictures. I know people with iCrapple devices and I haven't seen one camera or theirs stack up to this one. Can the low-light pictures use a little work...sure, why don't you just whip out that Canon and use it in low-light then. I'm not sure why I even wrote this.... it irritates me to see comments like these....

LegacyEvoAce

May 29, 2012
Visit site
It's ludicrous to compare a camera on a cell phone, who's main function is to be a wireless telephone, to a high-end photography camera who's dedicated purpose is to take flawless pictures. I know people with iCrapple devices and I haven't seen one camera or theirs stack up to this one. Can the low-light pictures use a little work...sure, why don't you just whip out that Canon and use it in low-light then. I'm not sure why I even wrote this.... it irritates me to see comments like these....

Well the thing is the Iphone 4s has been out for a while now so it was expected that any android especially one that was bragging about its camera be ALOT better, that has turned out NOT to be the case. Picture quality on the iphone 4s and HTC one x/evo are almost the same which should not be the case the one X/evo should be significantly better yet its not sooooo yeah people are going to complain and they have every reason to do so.

But yeah comparing an actual good quality camera to a cell phone camera is just stupid.

ericj12

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site
Well the thing is the Iphone 4s has been out for a while now so it was expected that any android especially one that was bragging about its camera be ALOT better, that has turned out NOT to be the case. Picture quality on the iphone 4s and HTC one x/evo are almost the same which should not be the case the one X/evo should be significantly better yet its not sooooo yeah people are going to complain and they have every reason to do so.

But yeah comparing an actual good quality camera to a cell phone camera is just stupid.

i dont know if i ever read that the picture quality was supposed to be worlds better than the iphone. i think thats just something people assumed and as usual it spread around the net as gospel. but after all, theyre both 8 megapixel cameras. i think the things htc was touting was the features of the camera. such as the hi-def video and ability to snap photos while recording video. thats pretty cool. you can also snap photos while playing back a video. also the burst mode shooting. the ability to shoot 100 photos in 20 seconds is pretty amazing. plus whatever other features they were advertising. i think thats the problem that people are having. somewhere along the way people assumed that this camera would produse dslr-type pics over the iphone when that isnt necessarily the case. it's what you can DO with the camera that makes it better...

Quis89

Q&A Team
Oct 15, 2009
Visit site

iCrapple?? I don't get it....

silverthornne

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
somewhere along the way people assumed that this camera would produse dslr-type pics over the iphone when that isnt necessarily the case. it's what you can DO with the camera that makes it better...

Some people are probably victims of HTC's marketing hyperbole. You may not remember it, but HTC did state that the Imagesense camera system was good enough to compare to a DSLR. They even had some sort of campaign challenging people to see if they could tell the difference between photos snapped by the One X and those snapped by a DSLR.

Anyway, I don't consider the EVO LTE's camera to be particularly amazing but it is quite capable. It has crappy low-light performance, but that is pretty much a problem that such a small sensor size will always suffer from. Even cameras that cost over $1000 start giving out noisy images when you crank ISO past 800. Consider that the EVO's camera is probably setting itself up past 1000 in low light and the problem is once more the small sensor size. Tough to beat physics there...

Reactions: Xiphias

TraderGary

Trusted Member
Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
After 10 days and hundreds of photos, for the first time I'm confident that I can get excellent quality images from a cell phone camera. I no longer feel the need to carry a compact camera in addition to my cell phone.

Reactions: BroadcastJunkie

k000

May 12, 2012
Visit site
i dont know if i ever read that the picture quality was supposed to be worlds better than the iphone. i think thats just something people assumed and as usual it spread around the net as gospel. but after all, theyre both 8 megapixel cameras. i think the things htc was touting was the features of the camera. such as the hi-def video and ability to snap photos while recording video. thats pretty cool. you can also snap photos while playing back a video. also the burst mode shooting. the ability to shoot 100 photos in 20 seconds is pretty amazing. plus whatever other features they were advertising. i think thats the problem that people are having. somewhere along the way people assumed that this camera would produse dslr-type pics over the iphone when that isnt necessarily the case. it's what you can DO with the camera that makes it better...

Let me see... hmmm did we just dream about camera to be better? Oh wait, someone claimed that the camera will be 'amazing' - try looking at this page HTC - Mobile Phones, Smartphones, Cell Phones, Tablets

Let's face it - this a good camera with not so good camera. What' the big deal in now making me and many others who clearly were given the impression that this phone come in summer of 2012 will have camera that can't stand in fron of original Google Nexus ?

Look at this and compare yourselves --> Photo Compare Tool - GSMArena.com Knowledge and access is power my friend.

Mercury81

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
Finally glad to be able to take professional photo from my android phone. The new Evo4GLTE allows users to do that.:);):D:thumbup::thumbup:

sent from my Evo4LTE

ericj12

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site
Let me see... hmmm did we just dream about camera to be better? Oh wait, someone claimed that the camera will be 'amazing' - try looking at this page HTC - Mobile Phones, Smartphones, Cell Phones, Tablets

Let's face it - this a good camera with not so good camera. What' the big deal in now making me and many others who clearly were given the impression that this phone come in summer of 2012 will have camera that can't stand in fron of original Google Nexus ?

Look at this and compare yourselves --> Photo Compare Tool - GSMArena.com Knowledge and access is power my friend.

ok now youre just trolling at this point. im done arguing. i love the camera. and at the end of the day thats really all that matters. if you hate the phone so much do everyone a favor and get rid of it and go get the samsung or nexus that you keep raving about...