New WiFi dropping fixes

Anthonicia

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
This is also posted in the other WiFi dropping thread. Different fix, so different thread. Thank me if it works for u.

Ok, I found another fix or 2. This has seemed to fix my WiFi dropping issue.

First, it doesn't matter if set on auto or 2.4 GHz. I didn't try 5 GHz since I don't use it. I downloaded WiFi manager from google play store and connected via that app. WiFi isn't dropping at all now.

There's something about these stock WiFi radios or software on HTC for me. They don't seem to scan correctly. Had problems on my old EVO that wouldn't see my network. WiFi manager did though.

Try that first because it seems to have done the trick for me. If you are still having issues with WiFi it could possibly be interference from other networks. I also downloaded WiFi analyzer which is a very good app u should get regardless. It has a tool that checks your network and reccomends the best channel to use related to the other traffic in your vicinity. You could change your router settings based on their reccomendations to hopefully alleviate congestion issues.

Sorry for the long post, but I hope this helps everyone else that's still having problems with WiFi dropping.

Sent from OG EVO LTE with Android Central Forums