So how's it holding up for you?

What's it like?

• Total voters

Officerpolabear

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
Just curious to see how you guys feel about your E4GLTE. I've seen several threads discussing of the problems with this phone (then again, people are more likely to post threads about complaints rather than compliments about the phone) and want to see how many of you are happy or unhappy with this phone.

Mercury81

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
One week and its Super Amazing and has exceeded ever expectation I had and have from three time I first read about this marvelous android phone with dual core processor, HD video & camera, super large screen, superior battery with the new beats audio, and just learning incredible media link!:);):D:p:thumbup:

sent from my Evo4LTE

Mobileschoney

Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
Not one problem here, love the phone. Bought a Diztronic case like someone recommended, great case as well!

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Android Central Forums

Csan508

May 12, 2012
Visit site
Oh I have it and I love it even though I have had a few bug problems via software but overall a very good phone
Sent from my EVO using AndroidCentral Forums

Jackson Galaxy

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
As we are all early adopters, there are going to be issues. I've had a few quirks, but definitely not anything that cant be fixed with an update or some error reporting to HTC.

Reactions: kmmill00

Drhux

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
The phone has been amamzing. I jsut got it Saturday and it's gone well beyond my expectations. Not one bug, battery life has been awesome, camera is finally worthwhile, and the reception/signal is much stronger than my old Evo 3D.

liquidxit2

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Been great. Only thing I wish I had was the case I ordered, but that should be here soon

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

bas.androiddev

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
My only issue with the phone really isnt a flaw with the phone at all, it is just going to take me time to adjust.

I am incapable of picking this phone up without accidentally adjusting the volume. Every time I handle the phone, I either turn the volume all the way up or all the way down by accidentally gripping the volume buttons.

MDteX

May 14, 2010
Visit site
So far it is awesome. I really miss the menu button and I prefer the charging port on the bottom like the OG EVO. But performance-wise it is great. Now if they would just turn on LTE so I could get my 4G back....

BigDinCA

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
Sweet Jesus, this phone is immaculate in every way so far. I haven't even been on the forums since I got it, I've been so busy with it. Everything is great about it, including my experience at Best Buy on launch day to get it, no preorder involved.

And the best part - the battery life is absolutely flawless. FLAWLESS! (the other best part is the screen. And the speed. And the kickstand. And the screen. And the camera. And the screen.)

strudel#AC

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
I love this phone, but there is always room for improvement. The biggest issue I experience is HTC being overly-aggressive about killing apps while multitasking. I am confident that will be fixed with time though, either by HTC or the dev community.

Considering my previous phone (Samsung Epic 4G) required heavy modification to get all the features I relied on to actually work (I'm looking at you GPS) having a phone where everything works right out of the box is a wonderful thing. :)

Oh, and it gets mentioned constantly but I have to say it anyway, the screen is beautiful.

Reactions: jaescott

dskwerl

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site
I am really impressed by the battery life on this phone, especially considering the specs it is packing. I've encountered a couple of wonky things along the way, but nothing at all that I would worry about.

I took a picture earlier, and when I went to view it, I was told that my SD card had been unexpectedly removed. I rebooted and it was fine.

Everything else, so far, has been excellent. The screen is fantastic, the device is amazingly snappy, it feels great in the hand, and I am surprised by how much I like the way it looks. People were originally kind of shocked by the tri-tone back, but I think it looks excellent. The kickstand feels great, and works equally well. The camera starts up quickly, and taking pictures is fast and simple.

The EVO just flat out rocks. Well worth the wait. I am beyond satisfied with it.

gikim1118

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
I love this phone but one thing that I don't like is the multitasking. Was listening to slacker radio when text came through (stock messaging app). It closed the radio and had to restart the app.

Not a deal-breaker but annoying since sometimes it doesn't close the app. Very random.

But still love this phone and got 18 hr with 20% left on single charge!

kbp08tls

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site
Outstanding experience so far. I can't say anything else about the fantastic display that hasn't already been said. My wife has an iPhone 4, which I used to think was fairly nice, but this phone blows it out of the water in every conceivable way. It's not even close.
I thought the kickstand was going to be gimmicky, but I actually find it extremely useful.

Nits to pick?
-The way Sense (mis)handles multitasking.
-Location of USB port - should be on the bottom, not the side.
-The plastic piece on back - I'm fine with it aesthetically but mine already has a couple of scratches on it; I wish it had a more durable finish.

Sent from my E4GLTE using Android Central Forums

k000

May 12, 2012
Visit site
Outstanding experience so far. I can't say anything else about the fantastic display that hasn't already been said. My wife has an iPhone 4, which I used to think was fairly nice, but this phone blows it out of the water in every conceivable way. It's not even close.
I thought the kickstand was going to be gimmicky, but I actually find it extremely useful.

Nits to pick?
-The way Sense (mis)handles multitasking.
-Location of USB port - should be on the bottom, not the side.
-The plastic piece on back - I'm fine with it aesthetically but mine already has a couple of scratches on it; I wish it had a more durable finish.

Sent from my E4GLTE using Android Central Forums

Try a TPU/clear back protection. I got something < $10 from Amazon and back does not bother me anymore. Diztronic iswhat I got.

silverthornne

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
So far I'm very pleased. I was worried with this being my first device without a physical keyboard, but the screen size makes the keys quite easy to hit so that hasn't been as tough as I expected.

Battery life has been amazing, the screen is beautiful and the whole experience has been extremely snappy. I also love how it works properly with Bluetooth! My Epic 4G had some serious skipping issues when using BT.

So far I'm just disappointed with the way ICS handles storage as I can't install game data on my external SD and it's annoying that some games, particularly from Gameloft and EA don't work on it.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2