Tap to set time zone

grandebob

Sep 9, 2009
Visit site
I get a notification, some times several times a day that I need to set my time zone, even though my phone is set to get time and time zone information from the network. Any one else have this problem?

Screwy thing is when I tap to set it, the time zone I want (Central Daylight Savings GMT -5) isn't there. what's up with that?

KahneFan

Jul 17, 2011
www.ezthemer.com
Apparently my wife's phone has been doing this as well. She (says she) tapped the correct time zone this morning, but it set itself to the next timezone over - which is when she asked for me to reset it.

marksr#AC

Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
mine also, I have a suspicion its related to the wifi dropping issue, because I notice it happens mostly whenever I go from 3g to a wifi connetion or in the middle of the day when my wifi signal has suddenly dropped out.

ericj12

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site
i had this problem for the first few days. its gone now. go to settings > date & time > and uncheck automatic time zone but keep automatic date and time checked. then just pick your time zone. i dont really need it to detect my time zone anyway. its not like im a world traveler. as long as it knows the time automatically its fine. and you wont get the notification anymore.

klamer

May 14, 2010
Visit site
This happened to me for the first time this morning while driving to the airport (dropping off not flying so don't say the EVO was anticipating the change in time zones :) )
If it happens again I'll give ericj12's solution a try.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThatDude