Install large apps to External SD?

sveilien

Jun 18, 2010
www.punnyshirts.com
I've had the OG EVO and the 3VO and since they didn't have internal SD memory, large apps (like Gameloft game's downloaded content) were install to the SD card. On the LTE, they now install to the ~10GB of the phone memory. That's gonna be filled quick with several GL games. I have a 32GB SD card installed and I was wondering if there was a setting some where to get the phone to install apps to that card.

KoukiFC3S

Oct 9, 2009
Visit site
Unfortunately that's not possible with a stock phones.

With root, it would be possible to modify the directories but I do not know if a mod is out for our phones yet.

Crimson

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Its my understanding Google changed this with ICS and its not possible with a stock phone as others have indicated. Would be nice is they would perhaps give you the option to change the 'internal phone storage' to your SDcard even if it meant you lost the 10GB there. I don't see it being a problem for myself but I can see those who game a lot it might be an issue.

KoukiFC3S

Oct 9, 2009
Visit site
Its my understanding Google changed this with ICS and its not possible with a stock phone as others have indicated. Would be nice is they would perhaps give you the option to change the 'internal phone storage' to your SDcard even if it meant you lost the 10GB there. I don't see it being a problem for myself but I can see those who game a lot it might be an issue.

It was like this on gingerbread too. Motorola phones do this, so did the Epic Touch 4G.