Strange Bluetooth Issue

Scotlac

Jun 19, 2011
Visit site
Hi guys,

I'm hoping someone might be able to help me figure this out. My car allows audio streaming via bluetooth and I use it ALL the time.

The bluetooth phone connection works fine on my new Evo but the audio connection constantly cuts in and out. When I look at the player it looks like it's stalling. The timer clicking from second to second takes longer than an actual second to move.

This is actually my second Evo LTE. I had to take the first one back due to overheating and battery drain issues but it did the same thing when using audio bluetooth. I was really hoping that it was just a buggy unit.....

When I picked up this replacement Evo I immediately went to my car and hooked it up. It worked great and I listened to music all the way back to the office but when I left for home that night it was back to it's old tricks.

Anyone experienced similar issues or have any ideas what this might be?

Thanks in advance!

flugelboy

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
You're not the only one. This has been mentioned in a post over at XDA and on Sprints own forums as well. I'm having the same issue in my 2010 g37. This is actually a pretty important feature for me. I hope it can be addressed somehow.

Reactions: Scotlac

Lady_X

May 17, 2012
Visit site
I too am having this problem. I have a Pioneer aftermarket deck installed in my car and have never had problems with my OG EVO but can't get my LTEVO to pair for audio (only phone). I've deleted all phones out of my deck, rebooted my phone after pairing, forced the pair, nothing works.

Super important feature for me as well. Hopefully this gets fixed or a ROM is built with this working properly.

Scotlac

Jun 19, 2011
Visit site
Super important feature for me as well. Hopefully this gets fixed or a ROM is built with this working properly.

Yup, I loved my OG Evo and I really like this phone but this would be a deal breaker for me if it doesn't get fixed soon.

Anyone know if the Galaxy SIII is Bluetooth 4.0 as well?

flugelboy

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
Here is a quote from a guy on the Sprint forums. I haven't tried this yet so I don't know if it will work, but at least it looks as if HTC is aware and working on an update.

i have a 2012 QX56 and i can make phone calls just fine on the LTE.

i do get stuttering when trying to stream music. here is a fix that should work for you if you are trying to stream music from the LTE through your car BT system.

make a call from the phone through your cars BT system.
once it connects just hang up (so you can call yourself, a random number, etc)

then open up your music player of choice (pandora, tunein, music player, etc).

this workaround does work each time i try it.

i e-mailed HTC and told them about the issue and they said to continue to use the workaround. they are working on a maintenance update but no ETA was given. still, message them and let them know--the more the better.

Scotlac

Jun 19, 2011
Visit site
Something that I found necessary in order for it to work was to have the stereo set on Bluetooth Audio before placing the call. The first time I tried I had it on XM Radio when I made the call and then switched it over to Bluetooth Audio. That did not work.

Saneless

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Same random disconnects here and there on my Mazda 3 2010.

It's not that consistent. Sometimes it'll do it 3 times in a 30 minute trip. Sometimes once. Sometimes not for the entire day.

Scotlac

Jun 19, 2011
Visit site
Same random disconnects here and there on my Mazda 3 2010.

It's not that consistent. Sometimes it'll do it 3 times in a 30 minute trip. Sometimes once. Sometimes not for the entire day.

There's a different fix for that. Apparently turning off wifi will remedy your situation.

flugelboy

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
The fix of making a quick call before streaming Bluetooth audio works for me as well. Great find by that guy!

Sent from my Evo 4g LTE while streaming Goggle Music to my G37 via Bluetooth.

creighton

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
I have not been able to get this 'fix' to work in my '11 M37. For those with Infinitis, are you pairing the phone as both a hands free phone AND audio device?

I can pair as a hands free phone fine. Then the phone works but I don't have a Bluetooth output option for any media player. If I then try to pair as an audio player, the phone doesn't find the car as an available device. After the unsuccessful attempt at pairing, however, the phone does show up as a connected audio device on the car. BUT then the hands free phone stops working. This is where the 'fix' fails for me. When I place a call it goes through the handset and not the car BT. There is no option on the phone to switch to BT.

When I delete the phone as an audio player on the car, turn off BT on the phone and turn it back on, it then pairs again and works as a phone. But no matter what I do then, when I select the BT Audio input and the car stereo, I just get the no Bluetooth audio device message. On the phone, phone and audio are both checked for the car under Bluetooth settings. Am I missing something? While the fix is less than ideal, at least I could listen to my music again.

On a separate but related note, is there anyway to play the music through the USB connection? I have my music on an external SD card. No matter what connection type I select on the phone when the cable is plugged in, the car does t find any media and just says check USB media.

Thanks for any tips.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

k000

May 12, 2012
Visit site
Same issue here. Very annoying. Basic function should work. I did find that when I turn my WIFI off it seems much better.

Bingo when Wifi is on sometimes BT does not even cnenct with my Kyocera stereo headset.

Also for whatever reason when I am walking on foot in NYC the BT cuts in and out a looooooot so I switch the wired headsets. I can understand teh frustration if you are using it in car, and had no idea theproblem was not just me :(

k000

May 12, 2012
Visit site
Wondering if this is related to gyrometer interfering with BT..

Have yo uguys tried to keep the car stationary and tried this ?

For me BT issues happen with the same headet only when walking, if I stay at one place BT works fine..