Text message font size randomly changing?

jasonaward

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Yes, this seems to be a bug. The size of the font seems to change randomly. Not sure what the trigger point for the change is though.

AFR_NY

May 10, 2012
Visit site
This doesn't seem to be an error, just a feature that hasn't been talked about. Since no one knows about it people are pinching and zomming text without knowing. This is acctually pretty cool. I don't know why this phone isn't talked about more!!

crxssi

Linux: The power beneath
May 31, 2010
Visit site
This doesn't seem to be an error, just a feature that hasn't been talked about. Since no one knows about it people are pinching and zomming text without knowing.

Exactly. People don't know this feature exists... I am pretty sure it is just accidental user error in most all cases.

This is acctually pretty cool. I don't know why this phone isn't talked about more!!

It is extremely cool and long overdue. And there are already other threads on this.

Brandito

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site
Exactly. People don't know this feature exists... I am pretty sure it is just accidental user error in most all cases.

It is extremely cool and long overdue. And there are already other threads on this.

I know it exists and it's not accidental. I close a text and it's one size, open it again later, different size.

Definitely a bug, if you haven't experienced, be glad I guess.

Caleb Morris

Aug 21, 2010
Visit site
I have experienced it multiple times. Even if I "accidentally" zoom it to be smaller, I press the menu key and change the font size to medium, but it does nothing. I even change it under display, and still nothing. I have to restart my phone in order for the settings to work right again.

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

ItsMeCD

Sep 22, 2010
Visit site
I have experienced it multiple times. Even if I "accidentally" zoom it to be smaller, I press the menu key and change the font size to medium, but it does nothing. I even change it under display, and still nothing. I have to restart my phone in order for the settings to work right again.

I knew about the pinch to zoom features. But as the others have said it isn't that. Irritating.

I know it exists and it's not accidental. I close a text and it's one size, open it again later, different size.

Definitely a bug, if you haven't experienced, be glad I guess.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

cymbellineo

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
I currently experience the font on my text messaging changing on its own on my HTC ONE X. Does anyone know how stop this from happening? :( Thanks!

cherylbaker

Jun 14, 2012
Visit site
Wow this just happened to me and I thought I was going nuts.. I couldn't put it back to its normal state either

jephf

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
I've been having this issue also. Clearly a bug. The timing is definitely random. The thing is, if I fix it with the pinch zoom, it ALWAYS ends up slingshoting the other direction within a day's time. Other than wait for it to fix itself, I haven't found much to do with it.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

ALPHAARIETIS85

Aug 9, 2012
Visit site
This is definitely a bug, and pinch zoom isn't an acceptable nor permanent fix. I'm a big fan of the font size being tiny in my text messages. I get to see more of the conversation all at once, and it makes it difficult for other people to be nosy and read my sh*t.

I really hope this gets addressed and corrected in the next update. It seems like such an amateur oversight.

84guy

May 25, 2010
Visit site
I noticed it only happens if you go to a message thread via the notification bar. To fix, while in the message thread(not the thread list) . Press the multitasking button and swipe up. Then enter text messaging like normal

Sent from my HTC EVO 4G LTE

Stephanie Augustine

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site
i just called sprint about this. im having the same issue with my htc 4g lte. they couldnt find a fix so they had me call htc at 866-449-8358. the solution ive gotten so far was to clear the cache in my text messages. so far it has worked for me. they said if that didnt work to try putting my phone is safe mode to see if one of my apps caused the problem. so far so good on clearing the cache. hopefully my phone doesnt revert back to changing font size.

lletsinger

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
i also had my font "randomly" change and one day i made it go small again after trying everything! if you are in the text message (with the "Enter message" box, try increasing or decreasing the text using the volume button. on the samsung galaxy s II it's the button on the left. i was listening to music one day while trying to text and viola! the text went all the way from tiny to gigantic. but you have to be IN the text messaging mode, otherwise you are changing just the volume!! i hope this helps you. it dang near drove me nuts. happy new year

This is definitely a bug, and pinch zoom isn't an acceptable nor permanent fix. I'm a big fan of the font size being tiny in my text messages. I get to see more of the conversation all at once, and it makes it difficult for other people to be nosy and read my sh*t.

I really hope this gets addressed and corrected in the next update. It seems like such an amateur oversight.

incognito59

Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
WoW so simple! I was going nuts trying to figure out how to change the font size! It had become gigantic! Thanks ever so much! :)

i also had my font "randomly" change and one day i made it go small again after trying everything! if you are in the text message (with the "Enter message" box, try increasing or decreasing the text using the volume button. on the samsung galaxy s II it's the button on the left. i was listening to music one day while trying to text and viola! the text went all the way from tiny to gigantic. but you have to be IN the text messaging mode, otherwise you are changing just the volume!! i hope this helps you. it dang near drove me nuts. happy new year

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vignajeanniegolabek