Same story, different year: Apple going after HTC again

BigDinCA

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site

Sad. Just sad. I hate these patent wars, but I think it's about time for Google to step up and sue Apple for the drop-down notification bar. Then they can sit in conference room at some fancy hotel and put an end to all of this. Hopefully this isn't granted, since the ITC and Customs have already cleared the device. I mean Apple is basically telling them that they are morons and didn't do their job right.

On another note, at least we know that some people at Apple bought some new ƎVO action.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
The real problem isn't Apple, it's the USPTO. Apple (and other companies), should never be able to get patents on such basic functions. If the examiners at USPTO had even a miniscule bit of intelligence we wouldn't be in this mess today. The law provides protection only for "non obvious" inventions, but USPTO would grant a patent on sight, smell, and hearing if someone phrased the application cleverly enough.

Most of the crowd here would rather blame Apple than a broken system. :)

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums

BigDinCA

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
Most of the crowd here would rather blame Apple than a broken system. :)

No, but most people here understand it takes two to tango. If a store in your town has no alarm system and doesn't lock their doors at night, that is their problem and they need to fix it. But that doesn't make it right for you to go in there under the dark of night and rob them blind, night after night. That is the way this has been operating for a few years now. As screwed up as the system is, Apple is clearly taking advantage of it at an exponential rate. So while it may be perfectly legal right now, it shows me the character of this company.

A murderer who gets off on a technicality is still a murderer in my book.

coinmanmat

Mar 14, 2012
Visit site
Apple needs to be banned from the ITC and all of its patents need to be invalidated, they are nothing but a damn patent troll

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums

cliberti

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
Apple is scare.... some of their sheep are starting to wake up

Android is starting to win and HTC is leading the battle with the best phone of the year

sent from a EVO that survived a Apple attack... thug life

Yeah, Apple isn't worried. Go to any major city and look at the devices around. Lawyers and doctors still use Blackberry, almost everyone else uses iPhone. I work in advertising and in my office of 20 people everyone has an iPhone 4 or 4s except our CEO, myself and one other person. Out of reps and vendors that come in maybe 10% bring in android the rest are all iPhones. I really think Apple is worried.

errbin

Feb 20, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, Apple isn't worried. Go to any major city and look at the devices around. Lawyers and doctors still use Blackberry, almost everyone else uses iPhone. I work in advertising and in my office of 20 people everyone has an iPhone 4 or 4s except our CEO, myself and one other person. Out of reps and vendors that come in maybe 10% bring in android the rest are all iPhones. I really think Apple is worried.

Yea I know

Apple started at the gate running

but android will start gaining with ice cream sandwich and better devices i.e. EVO and GS3

sent from a EVO that survived a Apple attack... thug life

sirheck

Jul 5, 2010
Visit site
But who's making all of the money in the smartphone space?

Apple.

Tons of it.

Hardware. Software.

Call me when Android app developers don't need success on iOS to subsidize their Android work.

. Actually it's samsung. And hardware? What hardware does apple have? The iPhone's camera is made by Sony. The rest is made by Samsung and foxconn

PookiePrancer

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
Apple is acknowledging that the competition is every bit as good as, if not better, than any of their offerings. And they're right. They stopped innovating right around the first Iphone. Now, rather than create market trends, they follow and react to them. Stale OS; hardware that can't keep up with the times; they simply can't keep up. The only thing keeping them in the lead is their Marketing department.

I actually had a co-worker adamantly trying to convince me that his IPhone4S had 4G (LTE) because his was a 4g (4th generation) phone. Another one was trying to show off his "navigation" app by reading directions to me from his IPhone4S, EVEN WHILE GOOGLE NAV WAS ALREADY SPOUTING OFF DIRECTIONS ON MY PHONE! He couldn't fathom that what was happening on each phone was completely different. And when I told my phone to navigate us to our hotel, the other coworker in the car couldn't fathom I had anything other than an iphone with Siri. Folks, that's the power of marketing on the stupid masses, and that's all Apple does well any more, hence their sales numbers.

sirheck

Jul 5, 2010
Visit site
Anyway, The next iphone had better be really good, i.e. have a transporter or
the ability to set phazers on stun and have a screen over 4 inches or
apple will continue to lose to android and maybe even windows phone.

Judynnnn

Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
Anyway, The next iphone had better be really good, i.e. have a transporter or
the ability to set phazers on stun and have a screen over 4 inches or
apple will continue to lose to android and maybe even windows phone.

Unless the app store on the windows phone improves, it will always be the weakest. I loved my windows phone, but the market place wasn't even close to what I would expect

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

k000

May 12, 2012
Visit site
Unless the app store on the windows phone improves, it will always be the weakest. I loved my windows phone, but the market place wasn't even close to what I would expect

What market place for Windows.. ? :)

I had Win Mo phones for 5-6 years, last phone being TP2 (with Adroid via microSD card)

There were no apps anymore.. Ir emember the days 3-4 years ago when many apsp were being build for Windows Mobile... but God.. talk about sad demise. MS lost it really badly adn they have no one but themselves to blame for this. They had a touchscreen (though with stylus at first) PDAs and Phones before Apple even came out with iPods.. but MS is a big behemoth i think... sunk with it's own weight in this market

sirheck

Jul 5, 2010
Visit site
Yeah they certainly are lacking in apps, i have messed with the Lumia 900
some and it seems pretty neat, and running windows 8 on my laptop, i kinda
want a windows phone.

k000

May 12, 2012
Visit site
that's the power of marketing on the stupid masses, and that's all Apple does well any more, hence their sales numbers.

I wish I could close my rguments so well.. very well said. Could not have been said better..

But I think what Apple did with first iPod / iPhones was revolutionary in terms of UI simplification, while all we had at that time was WinMo and Palm... and Simbian too. After that they just litigate and still laughing to the bank for all practical purposes.

I will quote you again :)
that's the power of marketing on the stupid masses, and that's all Apple does well any more, hence their sales numbers.

Judynnnn

Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
What market place for Windows.. ? :)

I had Win Mo phones for 5-6 years, last phone being TP2 (with Adroid via microSD card)

There were no apps anymore.. Ir emember the days 3-4 years ago when many apsp were being build for Windows Mobile... but God.. talk about sad demise. MS lost it really badly adn they have no one but themselves to blame for this. They had a touchscreen (though with stylus at first) PDAs and Phones before Apple even came out with iPods.. but MS is a big behemoth i think... sunk with it's own weight in this market

I had a wp7 for a year, the only thing keeping me was xbox live on the go ;(