EVO LTE Issues/Problems you are having

Jparrott20

May 28, 2012
Visit site
My phone keeps asking me to set time zone. Which was kinda annoying. But I got really pissed this morning when I woke up without an alarm due to the fact the LTE decided to turn my clock back an hour by itself.. (thank god my body is trained to wake up at 5:45 so I wasn't late to work). Does anyone know why this is.

Sent from my EVO LTE using Android Central Forums

ERicJ

Jun 6, 2012
Visit site
My phone keeps asking me to set time zone. Which was kinda annoying. But I got really pissed this morning when I woke up without an alarm due to the fact the LTE decided to turn my clock back an hour by itself.. (thank god my body is trained to wake up at 5:45 so I wasn't late to work). Does anyone know why this is.

Last night at 10:30pm I looked at my phone and the clock was showing 9:30pm. I pulled up the Time/Date settings and the time zone was showing Mountain time. The phone appears to have done this all by itself. This has horrible implications for missing clock alarms and calendar appointment reminders. I fixed it when I saw it last night, if I hadn't I wonder if I would have been in the same boat as you when my alarm didn't go off on time the next morning.

Mercury81

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
Last night at 10:30pm I looked at my phone and the clock was showing 9:30pm. I pulled up the Time/Date settings and the time zone was showing Mountain time. The phone appears to have done this all by itself. This has horrible implications for missing clock alarms and calendar appointment reminders. I fixed it when I saw it last night, if I hadn't I wonder if I would have been in the same boat as you when my alarm didn't go off on time the next morning.

Hmm maybe an app has gone rouge, I set my clock up on screen first day over 3 weeks ago and clock has been good. Do you have a special alarm app your using?
Are you using WiFi setting for alarm?
from Evo4GLTE on Android Central

Powderfinger

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
Same here, phone disconnects from cellular network at strange times for no apparent reason. Cellular connection seems weaker all the way aroundHave the hiss when using AUX in from EVO. original EVO didn't do that. Latest trick is now my BT won't turn on! I use BT a lot, a lot, a lot. Well I did until about 2 wks ago. Now BT won't turn on. Reset phone, let battery drain all the way down, left off for a day, still BT won't start. Go to settings to turn on and it says turning on but then stops and shut off in about a minute. Anyone else lucky enough to have this happen?:eek:

Jparrott20

May 28, 2012
Visit site
Are you using WiFi? Have read that the WiFi setting on phone might be set to sleep mode after 11:00pm.

I don't see anything about that and the whole thing where it asks me to set time zone happens all the time when I am driving

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

Mercury81

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
There is a turn off WiFi when not connected setting.
425754c4-8e18-c267.jpg

ERicJ

Jun 6, 2012
Visit site
Hmm maybe an app has gone rouge, I set my clock up on screen first day over 3 weeks ago and clock has been good. Do you have a special alarm app your using?
Are you using WiFi setting for alarm?
I'm using AlarmClockPlus which was fine on my old Epic4G for two years. No "WiFi setting for alarm".

Given the large number of people complaining about time zone issues I'm not inclined to think this is a third-part app conflict.

I've since switched to manual setting of time/date/zone vs. pulling them from the network. I haven't had a time zone notice or incorrect clock setting since doing that 24+ hrs ago. I hope it's a stable workaround until Sprint and/or HTC get this issue root caused and fixed.

keld

Jul 28, 2010
Visit site
Something really strange has been happening recently, my installed apps DISAPPEAR! I had 1password installed since i got this phone ans yesterday it was nowhere to be found in the phone, going to google play it says it wasn't installed, wtf, then this morning trying to open Netflix (I used it yesterday with no problems), I still have the shortcut on one of the desktop screen, and when I click on it it says app not installed! Going to google play shows that the app is not installed, did this happen to anyone else??

I also have the issue with htc sense crashing and restarting when pressing the home button from within an app. I had the same issue with the OG EVO, I can't believe it still exists on with ICS....

Melcroy

Jun 22, 2012
Visit site
my lte has this problem where if i turn on the internet or any app the screen will freeze the the phone will automatically reboot... and this happens on average about 25 times a day... about to take it to the store but was wondering if anyone had this problem

slackerjack

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
my lte has this problem where if i turn on the internet or any app the screen will freeze the the phone will automatically reboot... and this happens on average about 25 times a day... about to take it to the store but was wondering if anyone had this problem

uh no...you need a new phone....and possibly a young and old priest...the phone has gremlins

Sent from my Evo LTE using 3g...because Sprint needs to get their collective asses in gear

TonyLibations

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
My camera won't let me use the flash. Says something like Unable to use Flash while a phone call in progress. Nothing a restart won't fix I'm sure.

Sent from EVO 4G L(a)TE

Saneless

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Something really strange has been happening recently, my installed apps DISAPPEAR! I had 1password installed since i got this phone ans yesterday it was nowhere to be found in the phone, going to google play it says it wasn't installed, wtf, then this morning trying to open Netflix (I used it yesterday with no problems), I still have the shortcut on one of the desktop screen, and when I click on it it says app not installed! Going to google play shows that the app is not installed, did this happen to anyone else??

Not yet but it happend on my 3D all the time. I think it's yet another buggy thing in Sense

I also have the issue with htc sense crashing and restarting when pressing the home button from within an app. I had the same issue with the OG EVO, I can't believe it still exists on with ICS....
It's not crashing. It's restarting because it was kicked out of memory, just like everything else on this phone. Same reason browsers often reload the page.

Your best bet is to get a launcher that starts up quicker, like Apex or Nova.

sropedia

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
I can't seem to set google chrome as my default browser. I clear the defaults for both but it doesn't ask me which I want to use to complete the action, it just uses the stock browser

cuffs50

May 9, 2012
Visit site
Had an issue the other night after I took my EVO on a run. Used the music app the whole time and it worked fine. My EVO sits in an otterbox defender case so its pretty well protected. But on to the issue which is after my run ended the music player went haywire. It was constantly cycling through my entire playlist and not playing songs. I reset the phone and it started the same behavior. It has since resolved itself but had me pretty worried. Since I haven't had any issues henceforth I've just chalked it up to a glitch. Anyone else experience this?

Mercury81

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
Had an issue the other night after I took my EVO on a run. Used the music app the whole time and it worked fine. My EVO sits in an otterbox defender case so its pretty well protected. But on to the issue which is after my run ended the music player went haywire. It was constantly cycling through my entire playlist and not playing songs. I reset the phone and it started the same behavior. It has since resolved itself but had me pretty worried. Since I haven't had any issues henceforth I've just chalked it up to a glitch. Anyone else experience this?

I have the defender case and use my music app constantly without any problem. Sorry to hear you had some issue.

sent from EVO4GLTE

wess580

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
Same here, phone disconnects from cellular network at strange times for no apparent reason. Cellular connection seems weaker all the way aroundHave the hiss when using AUX in from EVO. original EVO didn't do that. Latest trick is now my BT won't turn on! I use BT a lot, a lot, a lot. Well I did until about 2 wks ago. Now BT won't turn on. Reset phone, let battery drain all the way down, left off for a day, still BT won't start. Go to settings to turn on and it says turning on but then stops and shut off in about a minute. Anyone else lucky enough to have this happen?:eek:

Did u put it in discovery mode it wont work unless u do this ...hope this help.