Screen Flicker evo 4g lte

bmxracer240

Jan 2, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone else noticed any screen flicker? I can notice it more when the screen is brighter(automatic brightness is checked). Just wondering if anyone else has noticed? Try going to the settings> display & gestures> brightness, uncheck automatic brightness and adjust it to max brightness while paying attention to the screen. Mine seems to flicker quite a bit. Is this normal?

renegadetx

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone else noticed any screen flicker? I can notice it more when the screen is brighter(automatic brightness is checked). Just wondering if anyone else has noticed? Try going to the settings> display & gestures> brightness, uncheck automatic brightness and adjust it to max brightness while paying attention to the screen. Mine seems to flicker quite a bit. Is this normal?

I did until I realized my screen protector was covering part of the light sensor. Severe flickering. Completely stopped once that sensor was clear.

evo4gMN

Nov 24, 2010
Visit site
I notice this too and have no idea what is causing it. I have a screen protector but it did it prior to me putting one on as well. It is fairly annoying at times

zpoettker

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site
Noticed this on mine yesterday and decided to look it up. It's continuously doing this with any color and on auto brightness. It's a bit distracting. If not for that, this phone would be perfect.. Not sure if it's a defect or something everyone is dealing with.

jmogha

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
My screen has a harsh but very brief screen flicker at random times. I think I've noticed it most when I'm switching between apps. Could it have something to do with apps being terminated? I also think it happens more often when I'm texting someone.

Glenn

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
I have not had this issue. Adjusting the screen brightness as OP suggested, and did not see any flickering.

androidmikey

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
I've noticed the same thing, pretty annoying. The brighter the display is the worse it gets, hopefully they can fix this with a software update instead of it being a hardware issue! :'( turning on/off auto brightness doesn't stop this from happening either.

Last edited:

FaisDogg

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site

I don't have this issue.

Sent from EVO 4G LTE

Luckie

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
I've had this happen a few times now in a single day. A reboot seemed to make it go away at first but then it came back. It's annoying - like all of a sudden the screen is at the wrong refresh rate. I'm considering exchanging the phone - my eyes can't take it.

pteezay

Sep 27, 2010
Visit site
I have this problem too and it is often viewable when I select view battery usage, and tap on the graph and then the all gray area typically will have a slight flicker. What gives? Just glad I'm not the only one.

Luckie

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
I set my theme to the natural looking one with a lot of greens and greys and it seems to happen about 10% of the time. I can't wait to get home from my trip and exchange this thing.

I used to be a QA Tester (for video games) so I set to try and figure out if an environmental thing was causing it. I shut off various lights, turned on different lights, closed the window, opened the window, closed the shades, opened the shades - no difference.

Mercury81

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
I set my theme to the natural looking one with a lot of greens and greys and it seems to happen about 10% of the time. I can't wait to get home from my trip and exchange this thing.

I used to be a QA Tester (for video games) so I set to try and figure out if an environmental thing was causing it. I shut off various lights, turned on different lights, closed the window, opened the window, closed the shades, opened the shades - no difference.

Are you rooted? Do you have a different launcher that you downloaded onto the phone? I know for a fact Nova launcher gave me issues I had to uninstall it after 30 minutes use.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Ive see it with google chrome. I also had the issue with my nexus. More so when rooted but also when I went stock ics. I think its just a software bug still somewhere in ics.

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

RyDawgBoston

Oct 29, 2011
Visit site
I have had 3 phones and all started to flicker. Fresh restart, no apps, stock everything and still flickers. Best buy told me they were having some people with the same issues and to swap it out. I am on my third return and on day 34 and they will not return it.

After all the issues with this phone and crappy service, Sprint has agreed to wave my early termination fee, so I can go over to a new phone service. But the question is..... Which phone do I choose now?

The phone was super until all the issues that I can no longer deal with. The screen was also superb until they all had issues.

I was going to order a gnex from google unlocked, but they are locked from selling now.

What do I do?

sed51329

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
I have the same issue, and I've had 4 replacements so far.

Darker colors on the screen and grey screens tend to do it.

I'm thinking about moving to the GSIII, but I HATE TOUCHWIZ.

The dilemma of it all.