I had heard nothing but incredible and glowing reviews about how this was the best screen in the industry...so naturally I was pretty excited to see it! It is beautiful, but considering I just came from a Galaxy S1 (whose screen was mocked for being riddled with "unnatural" whites), I'm finding the whites on my evo to be....not very white at all.

The whites on my evo's screen are like egg-shell white. They're extremely warm, almost bordering on having an orange/yellow hue.

It was really hard to capture this well on camera, but here we go. The first picture is held up next to "white" on my computer monitor (one that boasts photo-realistic colors).

The second is in comparison to my Epic4G
    06-09-2012 07:59 AM
    do you have the brightness turned all the way up? because when you do that the phone damn near blinds you and the menus are very white. when turning the brightness down to the lowest settting, it saves a little battery but the whites are just a tad darker.
    Phoenix Rev, JoshK and kkapoorr like this.
    06-09-2012 08:44 AM
    Doesn't look normal unless your settings are turned down. Compare it to an EVO at a local store and return it based on the results.
    06-09-2012 08:52 AM
    Mine has whiter whites than both of my computer monitors and my OG Evo. Of course I run my brightness at full all the time. I am willing to sacrifice a little battery for the full beauty of this screen.
    ericj12 likes this.
    06-09-2012 09:02 AM
    Mine has whiter whites than both of my computer monitors and my OG Evo. Of course I run my brightness at full all the time. I am willing to sacrifice a little battery for the full beauty of this screen.
    Normally I'd run up for a high 5. But, my eyes can't handle this screen at full brightness (unless I'm outside).
    06-09-2012 09:18 AM
    I have auto-brightness on, or I did at the time I took these pictures, and I've noticed the whites look like that pretty much at all levels of brightness (though yes, the phone does get very very very bright at highest settings).

So this really doesn't seem normal/typical?

There are no evos in any stores in town to compare it to. I had to get bestbuy to order this one and they were the only ones in town who even said they could find any in their inventory to order...
    06-09-2012 09:24 AM
    My screen doesn't look like that at all, not even on the lowest setting. Mine looks as white as paper on any setting. I guess some screens r a bit different than others if you don't like it try exchanging it
    06-09-2012 09:35 AM
    I put your pic side by side with my screen, my screen had the brightness half way
    06-09-2012 09:42 AM
    I put your pic side by side with my screen, my screen had the brightness half way
    Oh my god are you kidding me? Mine looks nothing like that on any setting.....
    06-09-2012 09:49 AM
    well in all fairness, his looks like a captured screenshot while yours looks like an actual photo of the phone. so you will def see a difference between the two...
    06-09-2012 09:52 AM
    I heard that the yellow goes away in time as the glue dries.

Mine doesn't have the yellow tint.
    06-09-2012 09:53 AM
    Mine looks nothing like that. Do what an above poster suggested. Take it back to a Sprint Store and compare. You may need an exchange.

Sent from my EVO 4G LTE using Android Central Forums
    06-09-2012 09:54 AM
    No mine was a screenshot as well
    06-09-2012 09:56 AM
    No mine was a screenshot as well
    yeah thats what i meant. yours was a screenshot. his was a physical photo of the phone. a screenshot will always look brighter than a photo, no matter how bright the screen is.
    06-09-2012 09:58 AM
    Wait, yeah, was that a screenshot taken through the phone's software, or was it a picture physically taken by an external camera of the phone?
    06-09-2012 10:04 AM
    Mine looks nothing like that. Do what an above poster suggested. Take it back to a Sprint Store and compare. You may need an exchange.

Sent from my EVO 4G LTE using Android Central Forums
    No store in town has any stock of these. AT&T store has OneX's...but...I doubt I'll be able to drag a sprint rep into an AT&T store just to prove a point :/
    06-09-2012 10:05 AM
    06-09-2012 01:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD