My Evo won't turn on

juice87

Nov 13, 2010
Visit site
Anybody know why? I was charging it on my car charger and it would turn on and turn off on it's own, but now it doesn't even turn on at all, I tried the booting way holding the power and volume down..after a while it turned back on but it turned off again
Is it a defective battery or software?

Uncle Louie

Jun 14, 2010
Visit site
Does your power button stick? The back cover of mine was pushing on power button so that it wouldn't come up all the way, and was causing reboots.

Anthonicia

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
Someone else was having the same issue and had to exchange theirs. What hardware version is yours? 1,2, or 3?

Check your case before u take it back though.

Sent from OG EVO LTE with Android Central Forums

Mercury81

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
Lots of reports that some case designs are causing issue's, the defender case fits like a glove and not one single issue with my incredible Evo4GLTE.

sent from my Evo4LTE

juice87

Nov 13, 2010
Visit site
The power button doesn't stick, I took it to a sprint store and they told me they can't do anything about it since its a new phone they can't open it yet told me to ship it back and get a new I saw that it was hardware 003...if i put it in the freezer won't it cause water damage?

Pew446

Jun 1, 2012
Visit site
My EVO did the exact same thing this morning. Really ruined my day. Battery was getting low so I plugged it into my car charger, a minute goes by and POOF it's dead. I have been trying all day to power it on with no success. It has had plenty of time to charge. I am taking it into a repair store tomorrow to get my EVO replaced for the second time. Even with all the bullcrap with this phone I still choose it because it really is a great phone.

kiwicarlos741

May 16, 2012
Visit site
How long did u hold the powerbutton down for. Mine takes 10 to 15 seconds to reboot just holding down the power button but I don't know of this applies to when the phone is off

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

Pew446

Jun 1, 2012
Visit site
I held it down for 2 minutes and nothing happened. I tried it while holding volume down too. The battery was probably fried. I took it to a sprint store and they tried to turn it on, and are ordering me a new one. I'll get it tomorrow.

kiwicarlos741

May 16, 2012
Visit site
I held it down for 2 minutes and nothing happened. I tried it while holding volume down too. The battery was probably fried. I took it to a sprint store and they tried to turn it on, and are ordering me a new one. I'll get it tomorrow.

Well its good that it got taken care of and that ur getting a replacement, better be new not refurbished. :)

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! This is 9 year-old thread, and the HTC Evo 4G LTE is 11 years old. The phone has failed, and even if it powered on, it wouldn't be able to connect to Google services or even connect to the web, due to how old the software is. Get a new phone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol