Abnormal restarts causing error report

webhaus

May 12, 2012
Visit site
Is anyone else having a problem with abnormal restarts that are giving error reports? I've had it happen 3 times today, and it has happened at least once a day since I picked up my early release pre-order from Best Buy. It doesn't matter if the phone is being used, or sitting unused for several minutes. It will lock up, screen goes black, and the phone restarts automatically. I've been sending in error reports, and have send a technical support request into HTC, but haven't heard anything back yet.

webhaus

May 12, 2012
Visit site
About 20 minutes after updating my profile, I set the phone down and walked away. A friend walked by and said 'hey, your phone just restarted itself', and sure enough, I got the abnormal restart error report again. Any other suggestions?

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

matt0715

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
Used to happen on my tbolt until it got updated. There really is no fix. This is why I am moving away from htc for one year to see how it goes. Htc phones are always plagued with bugs right after release

Sent from my ADR6400L using Android Central Forums

Awake

Apr 9, 2010
Visit site
Does your "friend" walk by and tell you when you have a text or an email? This seems really sketchy to me.

webhaus

May 12, 2012
Visit site
Does your "friend" walk by and tell you when you have a text or an email? This seems really sketchy to me.

She happened to be near the desk it was on and saw it light up. She knows it's been having issues, so she let me know. It popped up the error report in the notification area, so i know it was an "abnormal reset".

mykrlz182

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
I've had it happen one time since launch. I was watching a "video" on my browser and it started getting really hot and restart. Then I noticed the rest of the day it was getting warm and burning battery like crazy. Then I disabled fastboot and restarted and haven't had a problem since.

From my long awaited and totally worth it EVO LTE!

webhaus

May 12, 2012
Visit site
I've had it happen one time since launch. I was watching a "video" on my browser and it started getting really hot and restart. Then I noticed the rest of the day it was getting warm and burning battery like crazy. Then I disabled fastboot and restarted and haven't had a problem since.

From my long awaited and totally worth it EVO LTE!

OK.. I'll give disabling fast boot a shot. I have noticed that the top of the phone around the camera seems to get very warm every once in a while. Not sure what's happening, but my Palm Pre would start to heat up like that when it was hunting for a signal.

myevouser

Jun 11, 2012
Visit site
I was having a problem with random restarts several times a day. I read on another forum to try resetting the "weather" widget on my home screen to turn off "scheduled sync" option. I reset this in the morning and had no more restarts all day after this.

chrisparksaz

Jun 11, 2012
Visit site
I was having a problem with random restarts several times a day. I read on another forum to try resetting the "weather" widget on my home screen to turn off "scheduled sync" option. I reset this in the morning and had no more restarts all day after this.

Thanks for the suggestion! Just implemented it as of 1:56 AM, Phoenix Time today. Will report back in 24 hours to let you know if it worked. Not only did I disable the syncing, I also removed the entire widget.

I'm really, really disliking my new EVO V. I never had these kinds of reboot problems with any other Android phone I've owned.

Allan Halliday

Mar 18, 2014
Visit site
Is anyone else having a problem with abnormal restarts that are giving error reports? I've had it happen 3 times today, and it has happened at least once a day since I picked up my early release pre-order from Best Buy. It doesn't matter if the phone is being used, or sitting unused for several minutes. It will lock up, screen goes black, and the phone restarts automatically. I've been sending in error reports, and have send a technical support request into HTC, but haven't heard anything back yet.

Ranjit Sahoo

Dec 4, 2014
Visit site
please help me, i hv htc desire v it restarts automatically with an error message "device just recovered from an abnormal reset" . It happening no of times in a day

jrb1735

Mar 18, 2016
Visit site
Since the upgrade to Android 6.0 on my HTC M8 I have requests to restart the phone by holding volume key and on/off switch. Also error reports which have been sent to HTC and I have rebooted the phone twice to no avail, it still plays up . I rang HTC two months ago to make them aware, the call cost me £8.00 and I was told that I should remove the protection cover from the phone which incidentally was their HTC one that came with the phone. HTC told me that they hadn't heard of this fault previously. They asked me to return the phone to them which i have not done as I cannot be without a phone and it may end up costing me,

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FarajWala800