Problems with HTC Account

Shadnic

Apr 5, 2010
Visit site
I didn't get the opportunity to sign up for a HTC account when I first booted the phone because I was at bestbuy mobile the the lady was just flying through all the menus in order to get it activated as quickly as possible so that she could move on to the next customer.

I've tried for the last several days to make an account via either the accounts&sync tab, or the HTC hub app itself. If I try to make an account, it says one of two things:

"Your phone cannot connect to HTC Sense"
or
"An error occurred. This account may already exist"

Since I'm using my own gmail account, I know that there is no way for the account to already exist, but just for fun I'll try to log in using my email address and it'll say either:

"Your phone cannot connect to HTC Sense"
or
"Error. Check your email/password and try again"

If I try to reset my password, it tells me that the email address does not exist on any account. Great, well we solved one mystery.

How the hell am I supposed to set up an HTC account?!

mhespenh

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
I had the same issues, but I already had an HTC account from a (short-lived) EVO 3D.

I had to go to htcsense.com and reset my password there, then I signed in on the phone (Settings->Accounts->Add Account->HTC Sense). It took three or four tries on the phone before it worked, but it did eventually.

So try resetting your password on HTCsense.com, or create an account there if you don't have one. Then sign in on the phone, but note it might take a few tries for it to work.

Shadnic

Apr 5, 2010
Visit site
I made an account on their website yesterday and it still will not work. Actually their entire website seems incredibly broken. If I try to update anything about my profile it says "error" half the time. If I try to send them an email using the contact form, it says "There was an error sending your message" and if I try to access the community forums, I just get a page that says "Service Unavailable"

I did change my password to see if that would have any effect and...no :(

I just tried on my phone like 25 times. About 50% said check email/password, and 50% said cannot connect to HTC Sense. :/

Edit: I notice there's an HTC.com and an HTCsense.com. I made an account on HTC.com because there's no register button on the sense website (only a log in option, and it says failed to log in if I use my info from htc.com )

Edit 2: Ok...it finally let me through the log-in screen to a page that just says server maintenance. Maybe all of this can be blamed on that...but it's been going on for 3 days? I assume other people have had problems then?

Shadnic

Apr 5, 2010
Visit site
Sorry to bump this up again after a week...but I STILL can't access anything HTC related on the phone or on their website. I can't log in, I can't reset my password, I can't visit the forums, they won't respond to emails or twitter messages...nothing. Considering the phone asks you to make an HTC account right when you turn it on, I can't imagine this problem isn't effecting more people. Does anyone have any idea what's going on?

EDIT: Um...nevermind I guess? I just kept trying today and it actually went through. I can't believe it. Maybe the problem is solved then! I still can't access their forums or anything, but hey, at least I can download stuff from HTC hub (hopefully)

Last edited:

AlternetConcept

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
I still cannot log in... You just kept trying to sign in ?

I did email them but they wanted a lot of info which I really didn't feel like going through

Edit: **Well I just used a new email address and it seemed to work..

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2