One X Vs Evo

juststart

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
I'm within my 30 days of ATT with the One X. Love the phone and I've been on Sprint before. I'm thinking of ordering their SERP plan with the EVO to save money since it's basically the same phone. Plus, I live in the outskirts of Atlanta and LTE is supposed to be coming this way soon. Anyone have any experience using the One X and the Evo?

Shadnic

Apr 5, 2010
Visit site
I had to play around with a OneX in store to judge if I wanted an Evo because no stores in town have any Evo's in stock or on display.

My take: The OneX somehow feels thicker and wider, as the Evo is styled to look like the thinnest slab of aluminum I've ever seen. I know spec wise they're very similar, but the Evo gives the illusion of being ridiculously slim. Like a knife almost. That said, holding a knife is kind of jarring. The oneX's rounded corners felt just a bit more natural and while the Evo feels more premium, it also feels more delicate/fragile. I'll say the OneX looks more modern and friendly with it's white polycarbonate and curved glass though.

The OneX had an HTC notes widget on it that I absolutely loved when I was using it in the store. It synced with evernote and everything. This...is not on the evo and I'm kind of really upset about that.

MicroSD slot is nice!

Mine gets significantly better 3G speeds than my old Epic4G. That probably doesn't help you since you probably get better speeds on AT&T, but it's actually usable on sprint where as my old Epic was just a brick when wifi wasn't around. So I'm pretty happy about that. Radios seem pretty good :)

I heard someone post somewhere that they were already getting some LTE in the outskirts of Atlanta, and it's RIDICULOUSLY fast! I'm jealous because I'm an hour away over in Athens and no such luck :(

Reactions: juststart

juststart

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
Yea I definitely like the style of the One X but hate not having a SD slot or a dedicated camera button.

Thanks for your help!

BigDinCA

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
Also, does the sprint version have a visual voicemail app?

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums

The EVO has VVM and it's free. I don't know if it's free on ATT, but I know T-Mo charges. Plus they updated the app awhile back so you can save the actual VM audio files to your SD card. It comes in really handy for me.

And the kickstand... it is just fantastic.

Saneless

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
My wife has an AT&T plan and I considered going back to just have a family plan, but the HTC One X is seriously broken with its miniscule storage. If they're not going to release a 32GB option, like Apple has done for 4 years now, they need to have an SD slot.

Now, if you want to stay on AT&T, I think the Galaxy S3 comparison makes it easy: the GS3 on AT&T wins hands down. On Sprint it's a toss up.

Reactions: juststart

josh3035

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
I had to play around with a OneX in store to judge if I wanted an Evo because no stores in town have any Evo's in stock or on display.

My take: The OneX somehow feels thicker and wider, as the Evo is styled to look like the thinnest slab of aluminum I've ever seen. I know spec wise they're very similar, but the Evo gives the illusion of being ridiculously slim. Like a knife almost. That said, holding a knife is kind of jarring. The oneX's rounded corners felt just a bit more natural and while the Evo feels more premium, it also feels more delicate/fragile. I'll say the OneX looks more modern and friendly with it's white polycarbonate and curved glass though.

The OneX had an HTC notes widget on it that I absolutely loved when I was using it in the store. It synced with evernote and everything. This...is not on the evo and I'm kind of really upset about that.

MicroSD slot is nice!

Mine gets significantly better 3G speeds than my old Epic4G. That probably doesn't help you since you probably get better speeds on AT&T, but it's actually usable on sprint where as my old Epic was just a brick when wifi wasn't around. So I'm pretty happy about that. Radios seem pretty good :)

I heard someone post somewhere that they were already getting some LTE in the outskirts of Atlanta, and it's RIDICULOUSLY fast! I'm jealous because I'm an hour away over in Athens and no such luck :(

The HTC NOTE app can be installed on the evo but the widget isn't working yet

Its over at xda

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

Reactions: Shadnic

Shadnic

Apr 5, 2010
Visit site
The HTC NOTE app can be installed on the evo but the widget isn't working yet

Its over at xda

That's great to hear, thanks! I looked over there and saw that it's built into the Charmeleon Rom. If that's not what you're referring to, could I possibly get a link to the thread where they're talking about it? I'd love to keep up and see when or if the whole thing becomes available.

josh3035

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
That's great to hear, thanks! I looked over there and saw that it's built into the Charmeleon Rom. If that's not what you're referring to, could I possibly get a link to the thread where they're talking about it? I'd love to keep up and see when or if the whole thing becomes available.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1685889
[App] HTC Note - working version

It looks like the widget is working now hasn't tried it, i downloaded the zip and flashed it, i downloaded the one from post #5 that doesn't have the widget

Edit: it looks like the widget is working for some, i just tried putting it in place with root explorer still no widget for me, I'm sure they will get it figured out soon but at least the app is working :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Shadnic

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xd3dp1gX